Let's just get something straight about 1975.

by WTFBBQPWNT 170 Replies latest jw friends

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

The observation that the WTS never actually stated in writing that the "End of the System" would come in 1975 is true enough as far as it goes: - the only trouble is, it does not quite go far enough! From mid-1966 onwards,the Watchtower Society's publications repeatedly left the thought hanging there that 1975 would see the end "of the system." - Alan F's excellent post of October 5th on this subject lists in detail instances where the Society did this. Starting from 1966,for 28 years I was an avid reader of whatever the WTS published. I well remember reading (unfortunately with intense interest!)all those articles about 1975. If this was a one-of instance, you could maybe, just maybe, put it down to a case of inept communication. However, by repeatedly leaving that thought hanging there, it is obvious that the Society wanted its readers to conclude that 1975 would see Armegeddon. Certainly, that is what readers of these articles did conclude: - I can well remember my first introduction to the matter of 1975. It was just after my mother ( never a JW) had finished reading the article about 1975 in the Oct 8 1966 issue of the "Awake" magazine. Her first remark from reading this was that "Armegeddon is going to happen in 1975". The issue here is not so much what the WTS actually wrote: - It is rather the (calculated) effect that this had on its readers. In this, as with many other things, the WTS wuld like to rewrite history. But, rather like the apologists for the Holocaust, their own written records condemn them. My five cents worth, anyway! Jack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit