Let's just get something straight about 1975.

by WTFBBQPWNT 170 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Thanks to those who pasted paragraphs from the WTS literature and furnished firsthand accounts of this time period.

Next, someone will claim that 'The society never said no blood at all in any form, that was just some overzealous JWs in some congs'.

Come on, I mean, come on.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Next, someone will claim that 'The society never said no blood at all in any form, that was just some overzealous JWs in some congs'

Not here. They'll be nuked and crushed intellectually like a bug from the members of JWD.

Dismembered

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

May I also suggest listening to actual clips from different talks given during that time? Go to :http://www.freeminds.org/wav/wav.htm

It is pretty clear after hearing these clips, that the organization WAS saying 1975! My dad was a Ministerial Servant during this time. He was back in the Ministerial Servant School, and he called my mom blown away, saying, "....you wouldn't believe it, they have figured out when Armagedon is coming! The instructor has charted it all out!" My mom was terrified, because she was then pregnant with my sister. Fearful because of the scripture that says "Woe to the pregnant woman....". My parents are still to this day very bitter that they went through that joyful time, terrified!!!

My husband remembers his parents selling their home and moving into a trailer until the suposed end, to simplify before 1975.

I encourage all who doubt or claim the organization never said 1975 was the end, to listen to these clips. It will show the air and urgency they were instilling in the rank and file. Only to later, once 1975 passed with nothing happening, blame the rank and file for being presumpteous!!

What a JOKE!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

District Overseer Charles SunutkoWe have a new date for Armageddon!1967273k
    District Overseer Charles SunutkoWatchtower very explicit as to 1975 meaning1967294k

District Overseer Charles Sunutkothe Great Destruction (who will make it and who won't)1967419k
    District Overseer Charles SunutkoNations destroy Babylon, JWs are healthy and taunt the world1967412k
    District Overseer Charles SunutkoNations turn on JWs and Jehovah eats away the flesh and rots out the eyeballs!1967434k
    District Overseer Charles SunutkoWhy you have to be in the Society, and why you should make your move before 19751967680k
    District Overseer Charles SunutkoStay Alive 'til '75!196752k
    Nathan H. Knorr (3rd president)
    "Do You Appreciate It?"
    New Testament written primarily to the anointed197350 sec.
    "Do You Appreciate It?"
    keep busy... Jehovah will see you through the Great Tribulation and Armageddon197346 sec.
    "Do You Appreciate It?"
    "(Rutherford said) 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die!' ... it's true!"1973141 sec.
    "Do You Appreciate It?"
    hardships ahead as we near Armageddon, fuel shortages portend the end, "within our generation," hostile army of nations to attack anointed1973393 sec.
    "Do You Appreciate It?"
    signs of times, worldwide discomfort to get greater and greater, "extermination will stare [us] in the face!" Jehovah will save his, destroy others1973256 sec.
    Fred Franz (4th WT President)

parts one and two

Stirring up the crowd re: 19751975130 sec.
  • Quentin
    Quentin

I'm with Gary...thanks for the laugh.....by the way this business started back in the 50s...by the mid 60s they were ready to push it and did too...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

This is from a 1974 May Kingdom Ministry page 3

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• done4good
    done4good

Face it Birdy, claiming the WT never said that the system would end in 1975 is being intellectually dishonest. True, those WORDS may not have been said, but all of the implication, innuendo, and encouragement of the r&f to think that way was accepted by the WT. Then when it failed to happen, they went and put the blame on the same r&f for thinking that way. Very, very wrong.

j

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Yet another:

This is from the book entitled: Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, pages 26-30:

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

You can find more info from Alan Feuerbachers essay here: http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-3-statements-concerning-1918-1925.html:

At the Baltimore assembly Brother Franz in his closing remarks made some interesting comments regarding the year 1975. He began casually by saying, "Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said, 'Say, what does this 1975 mean? Does it mean this, that or any other thing?'" In part, Brother Franz went on to say: 'You have noticed the chart [on pages 31-35 in the book Life Everlasting -- in Freedom of the Sons of God]. It shows that 6,000 years of human experience will end in 1975, about nine years from now. What does that mean? Does it mean that God's rest day began in 4026 B.C.E.? It could have. The Life Everlasting book does not say it did not. The book merely presents the chronology. You can accept it or reject it. If that is the case, what does that mean to us? [He went into some length showing the feasibility of the 4026 B.C.E. date as being the beginning of God's rest day.]

'What about the year 1975? What is it going to mean, dear friends?' asked Brother Franz. 'Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could. Does it mean that the attack of Gog of Magog is going to be made on Jehovah's witnesses to wipe them out, then Gog himself will be put out of action? It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don't any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.

'When we were approaching the end of the Gentile Times in 1914, there was no sign that the Gentile Times were going to end. Conditions on earth gave us no hint of what was to come, even as late as June of that year. Then suddenly there was a murder. World War I broke out. You know the rest. Famines, earthquakes and pestilences followed, as Jesus foretold would happen.

'But what do we have today as we approach 1975? Conditions have not been peaceful. We've been having world wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilences and we have these conditions still as we approach 1975. Do these things mean something? These things mean that we're in the "time of the end." And the end has to come sometime. Jesus said: "As these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift your heads up, because your deliverance is getting near." (Luke 21:28) So we know that as we come to 1975 our deliverance is that much nearer.'

By the next year expectations were high. The following is taken from a talk entitled "Serving with Everlasting Life In View," given at a circuit assembly in the spring of 1967 in Sheboygan, Wisconsin by a representative of the Society. The speaker emphasized the nearness of Armageddon and specifically said that it would come before 1975. Speaking of the world to come after Armageddon, he said:

Well, now, who will be there, of us here tonight? For the Society has made application of this scripture, in pointing out that those of us among Jehovah's Witnesses that are not regularly associating with his people, without good cause, such as being flat on our back, will not be in the new order. And we're the ones that are going to come around when the doors close, and say 'I want in now. Sir, open to us!' And Jesus will have to say, 'I'm sorry, I don't even recognize you.' Now wouldn't that be an awful thing. Do you see now why the Society implores us, year in and year out, the same old thing, 'Brothers, get in the flock. Don't let any excuses get in our way. Nothing of any nature. There's only one thing that's going to count when that time comes, and that's that we are inside.' And we hope that all of us here tonight are going to listen to the Society's imploring. We're going to listen to the agonizing entreaty, 'Brothers get in!', because they know what's coming. And it's coming fast -- and don't wait till '75. The door is going to be shut before then.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

There was another thread on this recently. You may find even more helpful information here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117045/2.ashx

Also, check out the whole scanned article here: http://www.reexamine.info/60s/g68_Oct_8.pdf

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Thank you to all of you who helped
    put this nonsense to rest. If he
    does not get it--he never will.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest