Issuing a Challenge to Atheists and Unbelievers

by The wanderer 149 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    500 may as well have been 5. Him having raised the dead may as well have been him performing cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation on a person

ON a man dead for four days???? Besides, Jesus didn't go inside the buriel chamber. May I also add that God gave the power to resurrect the dead to Elisa. We all know that if a dead persons brain is without oxygen for more than five minutes, they are as good as gone.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I don't think any of us are qualified to explain the mystery of the universe. In my opinion, God is the explanation of the unexplainable.

• daystar
    daystar

LOL@The wanderer!!!

For a guy that puts the Bible down, it is interesting
    that you have an angel as a representing icon.

You need to look a little closer.

Are you some kind of authority on the subject?

What makes you so qualified to make such statements?

Are you a Bible scholar?

Oh! Suddenly you want an appeal to authority? Where is yours? You (and the Bible) are the ones making all these fantastic claims. I suppose I read the bible just about as much as anyone raised a JW from birth. Since, I've studied (somewhat) other versions. I've read a number of the pseudepigrapha and apocrypha, etc. I am, however, only qualified to speak for myself and my opinion based upon what I've studied and experienced.

But, anyway, would being a "Bible scholar" prove that what you claim is more true? I think not.

For what it's worth, I did not put the bible down. It has it's value as a teaching tool, much as many other books do. I also think the Satanic Verses have something to say, but certainly not infallible and not "the Truth" and I disagree with much in it. I just think you ascribe a supernaturality to the bible that it does not warrant without a certain amount of blind faith.

And I think I'll stop there... ... for two reasons: I have to leave. And I'm afraid the other half of my avatar, which you failed to perceive, might show his face.

Good night all!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Does anyone see a resemblance of the responses of The Wanderer and Top Hat to those of Thirdwitness? Or get the same sense that it's futile to reply, for the same reasons?

AlanF

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Are you a Bible scholar?

Your right Alan...that word "scholar" scares me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Being an atheist or an unbeliever how do you explain the thousands
    of paranormal phenomena that are well documented in nearly every
    country in the world?
    If you have no belief in God, then explain, why
    things that cannot be seen or explained with the naked eye exists
    in this world?

The people that I have met that are into the paranormal havent been very tightly wrapped.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Why? Because of all the different books that I have read. Like the 'Bible Fraud" "Misquoting Jesus" "The Secret in the Bible" "The Lost Gospel The Book of Q and Christian Origin" [plus others I can not think of from the top of my head]

Oh, please don't put Tony Bushby's rubbish in the same category as the other books.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

What is God, but a paranormal experience?

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

"The bible is a highly unreliable record of actual specifics of events, highly biased." -Daystar

"For what it's worth, I did not put the bible down." -Daystar

Yes, Daystar, I have decided half of you is right.

The Wanderer

• TopHat
    TopHat

Does anyone see a resemblance of the responses of The Wanderer and Top Hat to those of Thirdwitness? Or get the same sense that it's futile to reply, for the same reasons?

AlanF

My dear Alan, are you making a suggestion that I am the wonderer and thirdwitness?

You THINK to much....I am TopHat and no one else! I believe in God...not religion...I am an exJW...and proud of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit