by The wanderer 149 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    Basically, I found the topic of discussion
    a little disappointing. Why? Because an
    individual who claims to be open-minded
    would at least allow for the possibility
    of a creator or higher power.

Then I suggest you go back and actually read all of the responses without focusing on only one or two members. A number of people responded to allow for the possibility, but perhaps not the probability.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Would Jesus the Christ fall under paranormal? He came from the invisible to the earth as man and returned back into invisible and many people saw him return to the invisible. Is that proof of Pararnormal?

• lowden
    lowden
    Would Jesus the Christ fall under paranormal? He came from the invisible to the earth as man and returned back into invisible and many people saw him return to the invisible. Is that proof of Pararnormal?

Who SAYS he came from the invisible TOP HAT??

Who SAYS he returned back to the invisible??

MEN!!

That is as far from proof of the paranormal as my arse looking like Cameron Diaz.

You choose to believe the unsubstantiated words of men from 2,000 yrs ago??

Think again.

Peace

Lowden

• Gadget
    Gadget

Could this not count as UFO's also? He did apparently come down, and return to, the heavens. How many biblical miracles could be explained/recreated by somebody with access to advanced modern technology?

• TopHat
    TopHat

2000 years is a long time in our eyes, of course even 200 years is a long time to me.

Jesus is the the only one I can think of in the history of humans where 500 hundred people saw him return to the invisible. He was also seen raising the dead.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    How many biblical miracles could be explained/recreated by somebody with access to advanced modern technology?

I don't know! Do you think they had High Tech back in the Bible days?

I believe Jesus was a real person who walked the earth...his appearance was forecast many hundreds of years in advance.

• daystar
    daystar
    500 hundred people saw him return to the invisible. He was also seen raising the dead.

The bible is a highly unreliable record of actual specifics of events, highly biased. You might compare it to Homer's The Odyssey, based upon some semblance of truth, but highly stylized, exaggerated, most often considered inaccurately translated (though some may be more accurate than others), and even modified by certain persons to support their own agendas; books taken out over time, books added... (in this last, I'm referring to the Bible, not to The Odyssey.)

500 may as well have been 5. Him having raised the dead may as well have been him performing cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation on a person.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

DayStar:

Are you some kind of authority on the subject?

What makes you so qualified to make such statements?

Are you a Bible scholar?

The Wanderer

For a guy that puts the Bible down, it is interesting
    that you have an angel as a representing icon.

• dido
    dido

Personally, i do believe in a spirit/ghosts, whatever you want to call them, as i know quite a lot of people who have experienced things with them. I like to keep an open mind, i`m not sure whether there is a god or not,but i do believe in some form of spirit life, even tho` it scares me!

• skyking
    skyking

I do keep an open mind about GOD. I think it is very likely that GOD or a universal conscience does exist but I no longer believe the bible. Why? Because of all the different books that I have read. Like the 'Bible Fraud" "Misquoting Jesus" "The Secret in the Bible" "The Lost Gospel The Book of Q and Christian Origin" [plus others I can not think of from the top of my head]

I think both Atheist and Creationist have to over come the same problem. Can you tell me how GOD came from nothing? Is this not your argument that life can not come from nothing? Both the evolutionist and the creationist are saying the same-thing that something [GOD] or [First life on earth] came from nothing. Where is the creationist coming from? What they claim can not be true because their own logic goes against them when they are say GOD created this must not be true because {GOD CAME FROM NOTHING} just as the evolutionist claim life came from nothing.

So I ride the fence I am open minded about a GOD but for damn sure I do not believe in the GOD of the BIBLE for ex; Judaism and Christianity are today strictly monotheistic religions, but they didn’t start out as such. In the societies where the stories of the Old Testament emerged there were numerous gods. The Jews and other tribes in the area were originally polytheistic and worshipped several gods and spirits. Traces of this is still in the Bible One of their god figures was the Semitic El , a dude with a very big penis. And his son Dagan was a fertility deity worshipped by the Jews. Over time El and Dagan. .

Originally Jehovah was a nature deity, a fertility deity responsible for rain and sun and good crops. All over the holy land idols made of metal or clay are found, both female and male idols. So Originally Jehovah was not the GOD so many worship today.

DO YOUR RESEARCH IT WILL SET YOU FREE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit