I'm new and nervous!

by kitten whiskers 90 Replies latest jw friends

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Thank you all so much! There are so many names here i recognize and have been following your stories (told you I've been lurking for a few months! lol!). It really means alot to have a place to go where we are understood. Thanks for opening your hearts and arms to me. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Kitten Whiskers

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Good morning Kitten and Welcome! Life outside the WTS is .............well......................life outside the WTS. That in itself is a very, very good thing. The fact that you've married the most wonderful man in the world and he is with you in leaving the bOrg portends that life will be good.

It is always a joy to see someone break free from the bondage.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome!

This is a great place to learn. I have learned so so much about a lot of false teachings, historical stuff that the average JW has no knowledge of--some of the earlier bogus teachings etc.

Hope you plan to celebrate Christmas and all the holidays with your kids, it is a lot of fun, and I'm glad my kids had a much more normal childhood than mine.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Welcome kitten whiskers.

I thought your opening comments were very very well written and full of meaning. There is no reason to feel nervous though I understand why you might.

I even felt a bit guilty for just looking at this site but now I visit regularly and am going to meet many others from this site when we meet in Manchester in October for a curry!

You will feel a lot more confident as time goes on and no one will criticise you either. This forum has certainly helped me and I look forward to learning more about you.

Regards

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Welcome! Your opening comments could have been written by me about a year ago. I still remember my heart being in my mouth when my family would talk about the end. I went over and over things in my head as to why it wasn't the truth. Looked behind me for thunderbolts etc!

Last week my mum tried to point to this thing about the Pope and say it was the start of the destruction of world religion.. and I actually just smiled and was totally calm on the inside, I realised then that I am almost over all those years of conditioning. You have been 'brainwashed' for many years and it takes a while to shake it off, but slowly reason takes over. This board, and the intelligent people on it are amazing, as you've already found!

You are very lucky to be out as a family, I hope you find here the resolve you need to complete your transformation!

Poppy x

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Welcome to the other newbies I missed as well, a Warm Welcome to you all , this site has been so important to me in so many ways for one it's been essential to me in my unbrainwashing from the JW cult, and for that I will always be greatful, THANK YOU Simon you have truly made a difference in so many peoples lives,May God Bless you always !

IC

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

love2Bworldly:

Hello there! Yes, we are planning on Christmas and I have already been getting the kids excited about it (Christmas CD playing in September! I beat the mall on that one this year!) I had "worldly" family and so I have holiday memories(thankfully I had great memories and can use them for our family) but children and hubby don't. So this will be their 1st xmas! We are really excited. By then each of us will have celebrated our birthday together, easter and valentines day! What a difference a year can make!

We are already establishing our own "family traditions" for the holidays: We each will buy 2 christmas ornaments per year for the tree. It will be sparse at first, but there will be memories for the kids to take with them when they move out. And we can start all over again Can you tell I've ALWAYS loved the xmas season? That was my husbands idea and I love the sentimentality of it. I feel nervous. We are not fully "out" yet and I am sure with inside and outside decorations we will be facing the music so to speak. Ah well! bye for now.

Kitten whiskers

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Welcome Kitten Whiskers ...love the name. Thank you for sharing your story.

In your above list of holidays, you forgot Halloween...(it's all about the candy)

lisaalt

• Genesis
    Genesis

Congratulation, you freed yourself from the Evil WTBT$ ! Long live to you and your mate ! Joff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit