I'm new and nervous!

by kitten whiskers 90 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to the Forum Kitten Whiskers

• Sasha
    Sasha

I'm a newbie too. Having been here just a month or so. Welcome. You could not have picked a better site. Everyone has given me such courage and helped me so much with my feelings. You'll like it here!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

A big welcome to you too Sasha!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• banished1
    banished1

Welcome Kitten Whiskers! You expressed yourself beautifully! Please stay and contribute more!

• Lutece67
    Lutece67

Hi Kitten Whiskers,

I've been out for about 5 years now and it's WONDERFUL!

I'm no longer that negative, judgemental person I used to be. I can look at Christmas lights and think "how pretty" and I can plan a birthday party for my kids and enjoy their delight without feeling like we're all going to be cast out for it. My kids don't have to go to school and be the odd kooks who "can't do anything". My daughter is a cheerleader and plays guitar with her friends. Her life is interesting, full and she has self esteem and confidence. As a witness teenager, I didn't have that. I had to constantly tell myself I was happy being "different".

Life has ups and downs of course, but there was such a weight lifted off of me when I finally made the decision to leave.

You will go through grief, sadness at times and then you start finding that there's a world of beliefs and theories that you were never allowed to explore before and will now help you heal and become more whole. Keep reading, reaching out to those who have been there and enjoy every day with your children. It's a gift you deserve to enjoy.

Anne

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome to Kitten Whiskers! this is a great place to learn, socialize or just hang out ...Keep posting !!!!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

thanks for your story. well wishing for you and your children. glad you found the exit... i hope that you cal deal with the fallout from your decision if there is one... come here for support if it gets difficult. this site has helped me tremendously

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

ALOHA Kitten.... Thanks for joining us! You'll love this site and everyone on it! You're among friends and many that you will adopt as "family"

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

A big Scottish welcome to KW

BM

• bebu
    bebu

WELCOME Kitten whiskers!!

I hadn't read that line "Armageddon is so close you can stick your tongue out and touch it!" here until your post. ROFL!!! That's hilarious!!

I tried so hard to make Jehovah happy. Was as perfect as I could be. Have always felt nothing I do is ever good enough. Whether for my mother or the organization. You know how much we were told we were good for nothing slaves just doing what we ought to, which should always be more, even if we were pioneering, giving up education and didn't have 20 cents to our name.

Reading this, I couldn't help but think of Paul's words in Philippians 3:

If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless...

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Thanks for getting brave and persevering. I think you will look back and see that this trial strengthened the good traits that you really believed in at heart.

Passes a cuppa joe to whiskas

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit