Me and my brother and our guitars (pic)

by garybuss 75 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nice photos Gary.

Delores looks like a real sweetheart, so sorry you lost her for such a stupid reason.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

When Delores was real sick I asked Lester and his wife if either of them could come and help care for her for a couple days and they both said no, they had to get their pioneer hours in. I can relate to this. When I pioneered I asked the other pioneers (5 of them) to come with me to visit an inactive sister who had MS. Not one of them would come along because they would have had to stop their time after 15 minutes. I went alone and spent 90 minutes with her and her husband, It was the best 90 minutes of my 2 years of being a pioneer. I asked the others pioneers what they acomplished by not going with me.....they knocked on empty doors. When the temporary CO came to our congregation I brought up the incident. The other pioneers were counseled for not being Christ like in being concerned for the sister with MS. They were really pissed at me, but I loved it.

• observador
    observador

Gary, thanks for sharing those pictures.

I can relate with the situation of your brother turning you in to elders; my sister did basically the same. Except, she wasn't a walkaway witness at the time; she was of another breed: an active witness with visible disagreeements with the Tower, but when I talked to her about Raymond Franz and "the book", she got really troubled and her reaction from that point on was to show me that she now has a strong renewed faith.

So, yes, we gotta be careful with whom we share our thoughts and how.

Observador.

• observador
    observador

... meanwhile, Kingdom Halls are being sold, bethel personell being layed off, Awake going monthly... What wonderful times we all live in! :) Observador.

• oldflame
    oldflame

This is Gumby and I jammin

• under_believer
    under_believer

Gary, thanks so much for sharing. I love these pics. You've lived a lot in your life, you know what I mean? Some of these memories must be very bittersweet. You honor us.

• sspo
    sspo

Nice car and good looking wife.

Do you still talk to your brother?

• luna2
    luna2

I love the photos and tales of your life. It looks pleasant and normal and even fun ...until the JW crap intrudes. Your first wife's death due to the blood issue, people you were so close to not bothering to help out because their freaking pioneer hours were more important to them, your brother turning you into the elders. The picture you paint is surreal.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Gary, great pics and beautiful cars, thanks for sharing. Delores looks so lovely, I am so sorry that you lost her for such a bull$hit reason.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Hey Gary,

Always appreciate your "straight shooter" comments. So the Jazzmaster and amp are gone? I used to have a Fender Jaguar. Really wish I had kept that. Candy apple red. Yeah, those guitars (pre-CBS) would be worth a mint. I've gone acoustic now too in my old age. Couple of Ovations (Adamas). Never had a Caddy or Harley. Just a few Volvos and Honda two-wheelers. My thanks also for sharing your joys and sorrows, especially as they relate to the common backdrop of our common lives.

Lenny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit