Me and my brother and our guitars (pic)

by garybuss 75 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Like you said, campers have it better.

Your stories brought back a lot of good memories when I spent time during the summer w/my grandma in Iowa.

Wringer washers w/a tub of rinse water. My grandparents used to rent out acreage also to others and then some went in to the Federal Farm Bank. Bacon grease at the back of the stove. Dusty, gravel roads. Canning. Vegetable gardens. Chickens and eggs; then they used them as roasters. Hogs and sows and the cute piglets in their A frames, beef cattle, orchards.

But when it was time to go into the city of Omaha, we had to get dressed up. I was so fascinated how my grandma transformed from mud-caked farmer's wife to a beautifully dressed woman.

Thanks for the memories.

Have a good evening Gary.

Juni

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thank you for sharing these pictures, Gary. I'm sorry that your life has been affected so negatively by the Witnesses. We are blessed to have you here.

Good Girl/Bad Girl

• garybuss
    garybuss

Take care Juni

Thanks Good Girl/Bad Girl I think none of us made it, we're all versions of who we might have been.

• startingover
    startingover

Great memories Gary!

BTW, are you still riding a wing?

• garybuss
    garybuss

In 1994 my wife and I rode from South Dakota to Santa Barbara, California then up the coast highway to Port Angles, Washington.

We took the ferry to Victoria and then to Seattle and back home on interstate 90. This is my 1991 Goldwing and the mother of my 4 sons at the marina in Monterey, California.

This is the 91 and the camper we used all across the country setup in a campground in Virginia. This is a picture from our trip in 1995 to Washington,DC. We were about to get on Skyline drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. We rode all the Bueridge to Cherokee and then we rode all the Natches Trace to Natches.

That was the last big motorcycle trip. I sold the last bike in 1999 or 2000.

• garybuss
    garybuss

My first car, 1950 Pontiac bought in 1960

My 1950 Ford Convertable & my brother about 1962

My 1952 Ford Victoria in about 1963

and my 1964 Caddy and Nancy in Aug of 1971

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit