Me and my brother and our guitars (pic)

by garybuss 75 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Gary it appears that you've always had a big bank roll! A caddy?! That dress that your wife is wearing is very pretty. I remember those dresses. That type dress is one of the very few that I like/d. They were comfortable!

• garybuss
    garybuss

My brother almost lost his Gibson in a house fire.

I was actually disfellowshipped right after I went to see him in 1992. I told him a few of my issues with the Watch Tower Society. I thought he was a walkaway of the same questioning type as me. I was wrong, he was a believing inactive Witness. They look the same from the outside.

He lives in West Virginia. The only thing I can figure is he turned me in to the elders here in South Dakota. I went to see him in June and the next chance I saw any Witnesses was at the circuit assembly in Sioux Falls in November when I went to pick up my wife after the session Sunday to take her out to dinner and I happened to notice all the Witnesses there but three, shunned me. After that, Witnesses shunned me regularly.

After the shunning started, I had quite a problem because my wife and my son were active Witnesses and they were siding with the shunners. It made a bad home life worse. In July 1993, I moved into an apartment across town. I had thought that was the end of it all.

• juni
    juni

Gary, thank you for sharing the pictures. What a beautiful woman. I, too, was married in ' 67. But I was 18. And we thought we grew up in "modern times"! And here we are today using computers. In high school their computer took up a whole room.

The picture of your home reminds me of my grandma's farm house in Iowa. Look at those ' 50s fins! What a tank, but a luxurious ride.

Have a peaceful evening w/your memories of all of your "loves" in life - present and past.

Juni

• garybuss
    garybuss

Purps, I play country . . . hard as nails. Interesting our theme song was "I Saw The Light". We played and sang it at every Witness get together we played at and on the radio.

Mary, They didn't like the Cadillac because they didn't have one. That's not what they told me at the time. I was the ground breaker here. Soon they were all driving Lincolns and Cadillacs.

MsMcDucket, Delores made that dress and she made most of her clothes. She was really good at it. She made the curtains for the trailer we lived in and she made a awesome coat for her two year old niece. I got to see the niece's baby daughter wearing the coat years later.

• juni
    juni

Ms. McDuckett - that is called a "shift" if my memory is right.

Gary - are you going to post the Harley picture? That's pretty crappy about your brother. So many sad stories are told here all due to a mind controlling religion. But, we're all still here!

Juni

• garybuss
    garybuss

Juni The House is a Witness friend's house. My house was a beer can of a trailer 8 x 40. But I had a Cadillac and a Fender guitar:-)

• garybuss
    garybuss

This the Harley in April of 1963 right after I bought it.

That's my 58 Chevy in the background.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Gary nice car beautiful wife. I've always appreciated your posts and replies.

• juni
    juni

What color was your ' 58 Chevy? Aqua? Those were cushy riding cars. And all of that chrome inside!

Saddle bags on the Harley? Ever travel with it to other states?

8x40 trailer is very small. The couple who studied w/us had one that size and had one baby at the time. Baby was in a crib in the livingroom. It was like a sardine can! But it was your home.

Juni

• bavman
    bavman

Hey Gary,

Cool cars, guitars, and classy looking lady. I am going out tonight and I will be having a drink in your honor...CHEERS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit