What's Your Opinion Of Cops Making Roadblocks Just 2 See If Someone's Drunk

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ima gin it.

I think you ought to be able to do whatever you want (drinking and driving is an insanely stupid idea) until you hurt someone or their property. Damaging a person or their property is a crime, not doing something that could damage a person or their property. (in my utopia)

Once you do the damage the sanction should be swift, harsh, and without mercy.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

This action by police is nothing less than the same kind of thinking that is the substance of a " police state." It is not the right of law enforcement to randomly check to see if one has had, in their opinion, " too much to drink." I know for a fact that some people can be "drunk" and drive better than most people who have had nothing to drink.

If one wants to use the argument that this action saves lives then why don't we, as a nation, have laws governing the use of private swimming pools to the extent that we should, mandatorily, have government certified life guards posted at all private pools. After all, many more people die from drowning than being killed by a drunk driver.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Please tell that to my cousin and his wife, her mother, and there two young children who were all killed by a drunk driver blowing through a light.

I am sorry for your loss. But the drunk driver should be hung for his actions, the rest of society should not be made to pay at any level.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Completely for anything that makes drinking and driving harder

You really need to be careful with statements like the above. A man that is completely safe (or thinks he is) is no longer a free man.

• greendawn
    greendawn

A lot of dangerous drunken drivers get caught each year so it has to be a good thing. Many potential accidents and injuries or deaths are evaded.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Once you do the damage the sanction should be swift, harsh, and without mercy.

I Agree with that statement... do not pass go, do not collect $200.00... do not have the right to have legal counsel, mandatory 6-month- 1 year in jail...

F*@k Drunk Drivers....

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

For it...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It's a GOOD THING. Lost too many schoolmates, seen too many accidents. Husband injured, auto totalled. Get them at a roadblock before they get out of the nightclub/bar area and hurt someone.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Freedom schmeedom. Everyone who is drinking thinks they are smarter, better looking, more skillful drivers than they think otherwise. If you have ever been the designated driver at a drunken rout, you know thats true, and when you see those people and know some are getting into cars-its terrifying. Being the sober one at a beerfest lets you see how see how stupid it is to allow anyone who has been drinking to be on the road.

Shelly

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Freedom schmeedom. Everyone who is drinking thinks they are smarter, better looking, more skillful drivers than they think otherwise. If you have ever been the designated driver at a drunken rout, you know thats true, and when you see those people and know some are getting into cars-its terrifying. Being the sober one at a beerfest lets you see how see how stupid it is to allow anyone who has been drinking to be on the road

Yup, driving is a privlage/ freedom... not a right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit