What's Your Opinion Of Cops Making Roadblocks Just 2 See If Someone's Drunk

by minimus 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Dont get me wrong. In my world, you kill or hurt someone while driving drunk, you'd never get out of jail.

Not in MY world. In JUCOT (Justices Utopian Community Of Tomorrow) the above person would be meeting Judge Dredd for a summary execution. We would then cut his head off and run over it with a steam roller. (This would of course be done to make sure science could never reattach it.)

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I'm sorry, but there is no justice and being fair when a person drinks

VERY SCARY idea. Right now (mostly because of MADD) drinking and driving is being demonized. But it would be very easy to change the sentence above to read - "I'm sorry, but there is no justice and being fair when a person is caught INSERT ANYTHING HERE."

There must ALWAYS be justice and fairness, or we have for sure lowered our country to a cheap dictatorship. (Yeah, some would say we already have - but it could be a LOT worse.)

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    One should remember that freedom is not without limits.

I would disagree. You are "free" to do just about anything - but society and the laws of nature and God dictate that you NOT do certain things. There are malum prohibitum laws (wrongs prohibited by statute) and malum in se (wrongs evil in themself) laws (a universally considered wrong, such as murder.) I would agree that mala in se laws are ones you are not "free" to break.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Would you consider such a stop to be an infringement of your 'rights'?

You betcha!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Much is made of 'freedom of speech' but just try shouting "FIRE" in a crowded place sometime!

You are FREE to shout fire in a crowded theator whenever you want to. However, society has said that you will pay a price if there is NOT a fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit