Things peculiar to your country!

by lowden 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Hey Danny, dont start a 'whose got the oldest stuff' competiton. You KNOW you will lose....

Yeah, Danny, LOL, we've got stuff pre-dating 1492!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, keep up your campaign. Believe me, your efforts are truly appreciated! Big Hugs!! Ian Oops! Hijacked Lowden's thread again!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    BTW, keep up your campaign

Yea, all respect to you Danny.

• woodmonkey
    woodmonkey

New York:

Finger Lakes Region

Northwest:

Drive from Crater Lake, OR down the coast on the coastal highway to San Fransisco, detouring through the wine country

Texas:

Kincaid's grocery in Fort Worth...world's best hamburger

Pe-Te's in Houston on Saturday afternoon...ya just need to be there

New Mexico:

Climb as high as you can up the west slope of the Organ Mountains near Las Cruces and look out over the desert floor at sunset

That's my five.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

5 unique things to experience in the United States of America

1 a baseball game 2 an american style football game not soccer 3 snow skiing in Snow Mass Colorado 4 Snorkling in Key West Florida 5 eating Jambalaya in New Orleans

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Peculiar to Vermont:

Maple Syrup, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Jogbras were invented here, turtle fur.

Dismembered

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    1 a baseball game 2 an american style football game not soccer 3 snow skiing in Snow Mass Colorado 4 Snorkling in Key West Florida 5 eating Jambalaya in New Orleans

I've done all five of those in the States!!!! New Orleans... well.... ahem.... I have loads of beads and I am not going to go into how I earned them.

Other things to do in New Orleans... get HAMMERED on Hurricanes at Pat O's. Gorge yourself on cat fish Po Boy's and show the world your pink bits from the balcony of the Cat's Meow!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Welcome Wood Monkey!

I saw the NM climb you suggested. Yes it is truly a different beauty there. I miss it. Anyhow, Welcome!

Decki

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I've done all five of those in the States!!!! New Orleans... well.... ahem.... I have loads of beads and I am not going to go into how I earned them.

Other things to do in New Orleans... get HAMMERED on Hurricanes at Pat O's. Gorge yourself on cat fish Po Boy's and show the world your pink bits from the balcony of the Cat's Meow!

OMG. PAt O's. I think I rank the whole town there. we are not talking about showing any pink bits. lol

• woodmonkey
    woodmonkey

Oooops!

I just found out that Pe-Te's, the best zydaco and crawdads in Texas, has closed! I will substitute a drive from Houston to Austin on Hwy 290 in April/May when the bluebonnets are in bloom. Take your camera and your best girl.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

oh yeah... if you really want to see something sad, be sure to check out/visit a couple of american indian reservations...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit