Things peculiar to your country!

by lowden 56 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Kansas stuff - flatlands or prairie.

Paramotor sobre los Flint Hills - Foto Greg Allen

chicken dog Posing with a Tornado Storm chasing tours (Yeehaw!)

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Kansas food. Gotta have Kansas barbecue and good KC strip steak.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Here in Arizona?

Arthur was right about the Grand Canyon. I have been going there almost every year since I was six & it never gets old..

Locally (Tucson) we have some of the oldest history on the North American continent. If you like history drawn from many different cultures--Anglo, Hispanic, & Native American--this is the place to come. The world-famous Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (of which I have been a member since 2000) is a must-see..

And of course, all of the sunshine you could possibly ask for

DR

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

You must try NM green Chilli stew and visit the international Balloon Fest in Albuquerque..

the Grand Canyon and The Tetons are a must. (snow ski in Jackson Hole)

Repel off the rocks at VidaVue in Wyoming and colorado.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Thanks Lowden! I'm marking this thread! I plan to visit the UK soon. So tell me..anything in Ireland of interest?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Texas brisket(prepared by a real texan or it won't count) Alaskan and Washington Salmon. Starbucks coffee(kind of ubiquitous, but it deserves to be), Frisko freeze in Tacoma. Washington State Ferries, Picking strawberries growing wild(tiny perfect sweet)and huckleberries whilst avoiding bears(for real). Logging roads. Interstate Highways.Puget Sound. hawaii (ha, no one else has it!) Two Oceans, Great Lakes and Gulf of Mexico. Wonderful and fascinating border countries-with extreme ease of getting over the borders:)

It must be great since the biggest thing we seem to argue about is illegal immigration. We are very popular among many groups(except Canada-I think they mostly all hate us-but I like them anyhow)

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Sparkplug said:

You must try NM green Chilli stew and visit the international Balloon Fest in Albuquerque

I would suggest traveling up to Santa Fe & Taos. Taos especially during the winter. Taos Ski Valley has the best skiing in the New Mexico, and possibly the west.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Sparkplug said:
    You must try NM green Chilli stew and visit the international Balloon Fest in Albuquerque
    I would suggest traveling up to Santa Fe & Taos. Taos especially during the winter. Taos Ski Valley has the best skiing in the New Mexico, and possibly the west.

Amen!

• Dansk
    Dansk

ENGLAND: Yorkshire Dales, Fish and chips, watching Manchester United, English breakfast (fried eggs, fried bread, fried tomatoes, black pudding, sausages, crispy bacon (none of that fatty type), mushrooms and baked beans, followed by home-made marmalade on toast and a nice cup of Earl Grey tea), Cricket and Rugby (preferably union). That's more than 5, but I plead age!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Ian,

Trev agrees with everything on your list, except for:

watching Manchester United

and would only add real ale to it

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit