Things peculiar to your country!

by lowden 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Trev agrees with everything on your list, except for:
    watching Manchester United

I'm mortified! Does he want to leave the ApostaCurry alive?!!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I'm mortified! Does he want to leave the ApostaCurry alive?!!

He isn't anti - united, he just supports another club, Chesterfield. In case you haven't heard of them, they play in League 1. He doesn't go much now, just odd games.

btw, Trev could have a trip to Manchester coming up this month for work, he got the nod yesterday, so we'll let you know, maybe meet for a ?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Lowden,

Just hijacking your thread, ok?!

btw, Trev could have a trip to Manchester coming up this month for work, he got the nod yesterday, so we'll let you know, maybe meet for a ?

Brilliant - but I'd prefer a Did I send you my details?

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes you did,

He thinks it'll be in around 2 weeks, maybe 3, and he would give you a ring. He is going to be "hitting the road" quite a bit this month for work. eg Lincoln yesterday, Milton Keynes monday, Leicester wednesday and probably Sheffield thursday.

So as not to totally hijack the thread, he works for a company peculiarly British, BT.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Flint Hills looks AWESOME!

If you were visiting the UK id say you MUST do the black and white village trail In Herefordshire. Its at least 10 whole villages FULL of those traditional black and white timber houses. Ive never seen anything like it. I mean its pretty exciting when you see one timber house, but to see a whole village... its mindblowing. Then another village, then another..plus oodles of traditional country pubs.

If you cant do the whole trail at least visit Weobley, its probably the biggest and best on the trail.

Bill Bryon called Herefordshire the most beautiful forgotton county in England, and I have to agree. The whole county is totally devoted to the production of alcohol - its full of orchads for cider, vines for wine and hops for beer.

Id also recommend Bath or Oxford for architecture and history. Birmingham or Manchester for shopping. Cheltenham for restaurants.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Birmingham or Manchester for shopping.

Only shopping!!! Have you been talking to South African Beef?

Ian

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Duh! typical northerner! Get over yourself!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    The whole county is totally devoted to the production of alcohol - its full of orchads for cider, vines for wine and hops for beer.

That sounds like a place well worth visiting, for Trev anyway, he's a Real Ale connoiseur.

Derbyshire is nice in parts, there's some lovely countryside in the north of the county, and if you're in England in February or early March, you just have to go to the Shrovetide football in Ashbourne.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Barnboards from white pine

We have +200 year old barns never painted or treated built from our very own northern New England decay resistant white pine

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hey Danny, dont start a 'whose got the oldest stuff' competiton. You KNOW you will lose....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit