What part of the bible makes no sense to you?

by JH 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I'm afraid it's a bad bad habit of mine and I don't intend to break it!

Good! It's funny!!

Ian

• badboy
    badboy

I WONDER WHAT TO MAKE OF JUDGES 1 WHERE WE ARE TOLD THAT JERUSALEM WAS CAPTURED BY ISRAELITES?

• grey matters
    grey matters

I remember once being assigned the bible reading where the story was about a particular patriarch. I don't remember where it is in the bible now. But this patriarch had a son die, which left him with a widow daughter in law that he was supposed to marry. He did not wish to do so. But she knew he was going to a distant land to transact business, so she traveled there and posed as a prostitute. He had sex with her and she got pregnant. Then she went back home. When he got home and found her pregnant, he was going to have her stoned for fornication. But she was able to prove that the child was his. Nothing happened to him, except that he felt humiliated.

I remember thinking "why me? Out of everyone that could have been assigned this material, how did I get chosen to stand up here in front of 100 people and try to make sense of this?"

• badboy
    badboy

ITS GOOD TO BE ASSIGNED THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

SARCASTIC ,ISN'T I?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What is urim and thummin? (spelling may be off)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I always thought the story of Jephthah's daughter was a real hard luck story.

It's in Judges, I think, and he offerred the first thing to come out of his house as a sacrifice if jah would grant him victory in battle. It happened to be his only child, a daughter. He didn't have to kill her, but she had to stay a virgin all her life, poor girl. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reminds me of me while I was a jw.

• badboy
    badboy

THESE WERE TWO STONES WHICH WERE USED BY THE HIGH PRIEST TO DETERMINE GOD'S WILL?

• Gill
    Gill

Well! You know how God forbade fortune telling and all that crap. Well the high priests had this 'yes'/'No' sort of ouija board thingy for divining.

How about that then? God fobids anything occulty and yet indulges in occult practices!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    God fobids anything occulty and yet indulges in occult practices

I could NEVER understand that. Or the thing with the stick in the water making the goats spotty or not spotty??!!

poor girl. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree. I always thought that was a terrible story of a stupid selfish man who just didnt think the obvious. That poor poor girl.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gill

Is there something wrong with this picture.....or is it that I do not understand what 'Do not Kill' means?

You don't understand at all. The word "kill" in that context (Exo 20:13) clearly means murder!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit