What part of the bible makes no sense to you?

by JH 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Under_believer wrote:

There's also the thing in the Law about how if a kid was rebellious (what teenager isn't rebellious?) they would be stoned. An elder in my best friend's hall told him during some trouble that he was having with his mom that if they were back in ancient Israel, he would have already been stoned to death by now with Jehovah's blessing.

Hmm..., my father used to say that to me well before the onset of [presumed] adolescent rebellion. Imagine the pain and horror of hearing such hateful words at a tender age (8/9 years) from a beloved parent! -V

• elatwra
    elatwra
    how can it be right for God to OK Lot screwing his own daughters?

The historical books of the bible(genesis included) have lots of creepy stories but they are mentioned as facts, neither condemned or condoned.

The bible mentions unicorns, satyrs (men with goat legs), cockatrices (rooster-serpents that kill when looked upon) and a race of Giants (they survived the Great Flood, because they appear both before and after it. I guess Noah made room for them on the Ark). The bible talks about these mythical creatures not in the mythical sense, but in the real sense, mentioning them right alongside real animals. That's really childish.

Are you serious?Where?( except the giants, I know where those were)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit