What part of the bible makes no sense to you?

by JH 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lowden
    lowden

Sorry QCMBR

You're not a girl..just noticed.

Apologies.

Peace

Lowden.

• TopHat
    TopHat

The story of JOB

• Gill
    Gill

My neighbour had a 'spiritual experience'.

Myself, when she described it to me, I'd call it some kind of mental breakdown.

She was highly stressed in a car in a traffic jam, she'd been studying religion, 'trying to find God', and suddenly she's under immense stress in her car.

She crys out 'God! If you're out there give me a sign now! I want to know now!'

Then she heard a voice as clear as me standing next to her speaking. It said: 'Yes I'm here!'

I would call that borderline schizophrenia or some kind of mental problem.

Since then, she believes that God decides everything she does.

Believe me!!! I don't want any kind of 'spiritual experience'.

They are called by severe stress and mental anguish and misinterpreted as God speaking to someone.

There is NO GOD Speaking to anyone on this planet. Only people who 'believe' that God is speaking to them!

To these people, I suggest help, therapy, and stress relief!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I think there is a vast cultural gap between the Bible and us - I honestly don't think its possible to understand the bible if you don't have the spirit of God (i.e. it's God's job via His Spirit to let you know - the scriptures aren't for private interpretation). If you reject the idea that God lives or that He speaks to us via a Spiritual means then the whole bible descends into a quaint historical-religious text filled with some historical truth and plenty of historical lies, some good wisdom and some rubbishy wisdom but in all cases impossible to truly understand through our culture and language. If however, you think that God does reveal the bible's meaning and you experience such a thing then the bible could arguably be very clear no matter what time, culture of language gap.

• lowden
    lowden

OK...listen Qcmbr

That baby in your avatar......god and jesus would kill it if they saw fit!!!

Why is this not registering with you?

They are murderers!!!

Oh, and they (jesus and god) are also a figment.

Please start reading some of Gill's suggested topics.

Peace

Lowden.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Please make this less than 100 lines....

lol! That counts me out.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Lowden - I know how frustrating it seems when fundamentalism (well kinda - I'm not that fundamentalist) comes up against rationalism. I accept that God could take life as and when (to a non-believer nature plays the same role) but I also have a longer term outlook to existence and see a continuance after death so the immediate sting of death is a little reduced. The bible itself is not agood reason however, to believe in God in my opinion, you gotta have a bit more proof otherwise you get stuck defending the often indefensible.

I am glad however, that we feel confident enough to directly challenge ideas as to me the glory of God is intelligence and not testing stuff out is an incorrect approach.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Qcmbr:

Do you believe in the Book of Mormon?

Ian

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Dansk - yea I'd be a pretty cr*ppy mormon if I didn't

• Gill
    Gill

Dansk! You mean there's a Book of Morons!?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit