THE BORG WANTS YOUR NUMBER

by Mary 83 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

thought so, maybe this means that the persecution danger has passed cept dont they need persecution to remind them that the end is nigh?

• Gill
    Gill

Could be that they want the bros and sis to start donating by ringing one of those one pound a minute lines that is connected directly to Bethel.

The, they can check who has rung in and made their donation.

The whole idea of giving your home, mobile and work phone number to these numb skulls is totally ridiculous and reeks of control freakery to high heaven.

What will happen to those who refuse to give their Bull Shit Conductors their phone numbers?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have a feeling this could be to do with demands for more cash as well, that could be a reason why the flock won't like it. It's a while since I've been to an assembly, but there was always some brother who got up and told us how much of a shortfall there was between income and expenditure, and then we all went to the boxes and forked out some more hard - earned cash, but not without a lot of grumbling from many.

Jws are the meanest people I have ever associated with when it comes to parting with money anyway, so a demand from the wts for extra £ and $ wouldn't please a lot of them.

• Mary
    Mary
    Dannyboy said: Is this why they're collecting the telephone numbers? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/119422/1.ashx

Oh jesuz Danny, I thought that was a real letter from Bethel.....until I got to the part about married dubs having sex too often. That was hilarious!

Willowman said: The meeting arrangement comes to mind. What if the WTS decided to kill off one of the meeting nights? They could bill it as "simplification" (it's worked so far) and combine all that vital spiritual food into the other meetings... perhaps a mid-week meeting shortening up the school and service meeting and inserting an abbreviated book study, perhaps in the form of Q &A. Wouldn't this free up a lot of space so they wouldn't have to construct more Kingdom Halls? When one congo uses a hall twice a week instead of three times, more congos can shared a single KH.

Actually, this is something that the majority of Dubs would be thrilled to death with. I know many loyal drones to the Borg complain that there are simply "too many meetings". Bethel has been whining for the last several years via the Craptower, that meeting attendance (particularly the Bookstudy) is really lousy and getting worse with each passing year. If they changed the Thursday night meetings to where both the Ministry School and the Service meeting took up 1 hour, then they could have a 45 minute Bookstudy afterwards. This would almost certainly ensure that meeting attendance (at least for the BS) would go up. However, that would give the R&F an extra free night every week. And we all know that one major tactic of any cult is to try and keep the flock so damn busy that they don't have time to stop and think, so I'd be surprised if they actually did something like this.

Misguided said: Firstly, when I was on my way over, my mom invited us over for lunch...but then added, that I could go "sit in a corner" (literally what she said) while they ate.

Good god!! That is truly pathetic!!

fullofdoubtnow said: I have a feeling this could be to do with demands for more cash as well, that could be a reason why the flock won't like it. It's a while since I've been to an assembly, but there was always some brother who got up and told us how much of a shortfall there was between income and expenditure, and then we all went to the boxes and forked out some more hard - earned cash, but not without a lot of grumbling from many.

Witnesses are notoriously cheap. That's why the "donation" method hasn't worked from day one, as Garybuss said. I was still a believer when that arrangement happened but I knew even at that time that it would not work. Formal tithing won't work. They can't garnish your pay, so it would still have to be done on a "voluntary" basis. If the "change" is about cash, then the most likely scenario would be where you have to start paying for the literature again.

It's hard to say though, which they fear more: losing money, or losing control over people's lives. I strongly feel that if the GB had to choose between the two, they want your soul even more than they want your money.

• blondie
    blondie

I think this is in response the the fiascos in the congregations during recent disasters in the US and elsewhere. The elders did not know everyone's phone number and/or address and could not contact them or verify their whereabouts after the evacuations. As to food supplies, etc., I think it was suggested in view of the problems that cropped up afterwards too with JWs not being prepared for these disasters. Probably the "waiting on Jah" syndrome.

Will JWs interpret that differently, individual elders and rank and file, they have in the past.

I keep disaster supplies in my home, have for years. Never know when a tornado, bli**ard, flood, or firestorm will come on suddenly.

Evidently, several thousand JWs were misplaced during the evacuation of New Orleans the the surrounding states.

Blondie

• Emma
    Emma

I was thinking it might be loosening up on something and that those who have made whatever "sacrifice" for years will be angry that their efforts have been wasted. (The blood issue comes to mind, but that's just because it's on the top of my head.)

• garybuss
    garybuss

The phone number gathering is just a part of the cattle call issued last January after Katrina. The Society says they lost track of 27,000 Witnesses. They are still trying to track some of them down. Apparently many didn't bother to register at the nearest Kingdom Hall after their relocation.
    The Society learned they do not have a contact list of Witness fundraisers and they were not prepared to deal with another mass relocation similar to the summer of 2005.
    This tells us essentially, the only record of Witness people is the publisher record cards and apparently that file is often stored inside a Kingdom Hall building. The Society learned that when 27,000 Jehovah's Witnesses relocate in the night without a forwarding address and without their publisher record card forwarded, they're extremely difficult to locate.
    This also tells us the Witness elders had not bothered to have a member list containing contact numbers or next of kin contact information. They are currently fixing this.
    There's no Armageddon. The Society knows it. The Witness people are so paranoid and superstitious they see everything as a "sign". They'd have to see a printing business collecting phone numbers as a sign the sky is falling. If they weren't paranoid, superstitious, and ignorant, they wouldn't be Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Gill
    Gill

Gary - Doesn't that say something though, that 27.000 JWs did a runner just because they could, and no one could track them down.

I wonder how many other JWs would be willing to just disappear off the WTBTS map if they had the opportunity that these 27 000 fortunate ones did.

They may have lost their homes, but they certainly managed to gain their lives back!

Well done to all 27 000 of you!

• Honesty
    Honesty

That does it.

I'm going back. Gotta get in the Ark before it is 2 Late.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

i think they're just gonna lay some new rules on em'..hence the 2 articles being studied last sunday and this sunday coming about the murmuring and seeing the "good" in the organization..

Two times I've heard that Jehovah is "using every possible method he can to bring in all his stray sheep"

i thought it could have been something along those lines too because all of sudden my 2 uncles that are elders told my mom to let me know they're both available to me to answer any questions I may have..I've been out for almost 8 yrs and they're just now available????? WTH??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit