THE BORG WANTS YOUR NUMBER

by Mary 83 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Maybe its selling the sizzle not the steak. Maybe its anticipation to keep people interested.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

If the elders already know what it is, I can't believe there isn't someone on this board who can tell us.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Bonnie (or are you really Clyde?)..

I was just think the exact same thing!! Elders keeping a secret for 3 months??? NEVER!! The elders wives would be gossiping all over the place.

Someone must know, or else it's just a scam.

Pope

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Seeing as they were foolish enough to tell us all for years that we are not under the "Old Law", I'd be really surprised if they tried implementing tithing.

That's right, Mary. The dubs aren't under the "Old Law". Yet Abraham, who wasn't under the Law, gave a tenth of his spoils to Melchizedek. And according to Heb. 7:17, Jesus is "a priest forever according to the manner of Melchizedek." I'm not saying tithing is gonna happen....just tossing out that it's a possibility. But who really knows? Only the Evil Empire and their toady minions.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Arthur, I have many contacts in the Society. I certainly won't reveal any here.
    Just read the billboards, forget the small print. Do ya think there's cost cutting in the Society? Do ya think the (lack of) donation arrangement has been a resounding financial success? Or a disappointing failure? We don't need Colombo here.
    When the donation arrangement started, the Society hoped everything was going to go on as before, just under the table. It didn't happen. The Witness people were too honest.
    It didn't happen at the food service box at the assemblies, and it ain't happening in the literature donation boxes in the Kingdom Halls either.
    Do ya think they went to paperback novels because God's thinks paperbacks are higher quality? Nope! It was a cost cutting move. Why did they need to do that do ya think?
    Voluntary donations for assembly food failed and now the Witness people bring sack lunches. Book publishing is failing and if they quit publishing, they're out of business. They gotta change.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Garybuss, i thought they went to paperbacks so that the evidence of all past misdemeanors would disintegrate that much faster. I sell used books and there are a LOT of very old (100 year old!)hardcover books that are in very usable and readable condition. Many of the organizations are entirely unopened(hidden in someones closet after claiming they were placed? One never knows!) Damning evidence that will not disintegrate fast enough!

• willyloman
    willyloman

In my dub experience, which spans nearly 30 years, whenever there was a "special" talk, announcement, meeting, convention, etc., it was always anything but special.

The dubs are like a department store with a brand new sale every week, which is pretty much the same "sale" they held last week and the week before. They just rotate the items and change the in-store display. Same old merchandise.

I don't expect much. However, since we're all speculating, I will add this:

When WT reps say the coming change is a thing that "the friends won't like very much," that really means that most of the friends will in fact like it, even if they're not supposed to. That's how out of touch the boys at the top are with respect to the rank and file. Therefore, the change probably has something to do with an organizational arrangement that the "friends" are used to and that the Society believes they all enjoy, whether most do or not.

The meeting arrangement comes to mind. What if the WTS decided to kill off one of the meeting nights? They could bill it as "simplification" (it's worked so far) and combine all that vital spiritual food into the other meetings... perhaps a mid-week meeting shortening up the school and service meeting and inserting an abbreviated book study, perhaps in the form of Q &A.

Wouldn't this free up a lot of space so they wouldn't have to construct more Kingdom Halls? When one congo uses a hall twice a week instead of three times, more congos can shared a single KH.

So that's at least two things the "friends won't like very much" -- an end to the building game (some guys would hate that) and an end to the third meeting day (which I suspect many wouldn't mind at all).

The missing link here: Why the need for all those phone numbers? Well, in the scenario above, perhaps it's their way of saying "we'll still be able to keep in touch with the sheep, since we have all their contact info." This could be coupled with a "program" outlined in a BOE letter, telling elders they are required to contact by phone all the sheep assigned to their "oversight" (similar to the list they used to have of the people in "their" bookstudy).

This is pure speculation, but I thought I'd add my two cents' worth.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Arthur, I have many contacts in the Society. I certainly won't reveal any here.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting you to blow anybody's cover. It's interesting that you have contancts inside Brooklyn. It seemed as though you had access to info. that some of us don't have. I've always known that greater efficiency and cost cutting was a priority; I just didn't realize that contributions to the World Wide Work was decreasing as rapidly as you indicated.

Thanks for the info.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Reminds me of the movie Poltergeist where the preacher is singing God is in his holy temple and they all got undergound and died

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You know, sometimes I wish they would just shut up and drink the fucking cool aid already.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit