THE BORG WANTS YOUR NUMBER

by Mary 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

LMAO! There's a better chance of me winning the lottery jackpot three times in a row than any of the above scenarios happening.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    The GB member said that "many people aren't going to like it", but they hope that everybody shows obedience.

Maybe they'll start tithing...as if they haven't drained enough from the flock.

• gumby
    gumby
    This is because "something big" is supposed to either be announced in October or November, or something is supposed to HAPPEN in October or November. The BS Conductor "wouldn't say" what it was, but of course, the way the world is going, all the Dubs are getting oooooooh so excited! Is this The Beginning of The End?! Is False Religion about to Fall? When will the governments actually turn on us? How long after can we expect the Great Tribulation to Start?!

I do know they are still preaching Armageddon is close.

Two times I've heard that Jehovah is "using every possible method he can to bring in all his stray sheep".

I've also heard that the last 'tract" campaign had reactivated some who have been inactive for many years. Perhaps they are going to use some campaign to bring in all inactive ones. They have already reduced the required number of hours to remain a regular publisher so perhaps they are going to water down their requirements....but in view of the comment made that "many aren't going to like the new announcement", it could go the other way with more strict guidelines.

Oh goodie....I got butterflies in my tummy cuz I just can't wait to hear of the new annoucement!

Gumby

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Titheing would be a big stretch. I really can't see them pulling off a stunt like that. I mean, they might as well make every male wear yarmulkes and get circumcised!

But yes, I think there could be a change demanding more loyalty.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Isn't this more of the same??? I cannot imagine the info was going to be anything other than, the end is coming soon, more details to come later so stay close to the org.

Before they wanted nos. in case of emergency. Now they want nos. for what? The should just say they want to implant a tracking device into each JW in case of emergency and if that JW looks like they may be doing something wrong they may experience electric shock as a form of Jah's guidance in helping them to avoid sin.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They figured out a way to charge for literature again. That's my #1 guess.

• moshe
    moshe

Perhaps, some of these appointed GB underlings have started to revolt against their taskmasters. A purge of the house of Jehoovah is going to be needed I fear, to get rid of all the independent minded ones- or electroshock therapy- your choice.

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe they'll start tithing...as if they haven't drained enough from the flock.

Seeing as they were foolish enough to tell us all for years that we are not under the "Old Law", I'd be really surprised if they tried implementing tithing.

They have already reduced the required number of hours to remain a regular publisher so perhaps they are going to water down their requirements....

Ya, maybe everyone can start counting their "time" as soon as you open your eyes in the morning.....as long as you're thinking spiritual thoughts.

but in view of the comment made that "many aren't going to like the new announcement", it could go the other way with more strict guidelines.

That's a more likely scenario......after all, when was the last time they made the load light? Oh geeze, I just had a bad thought.....maybe they're going to introduce ANOTHER weekly meeting! After all, the brothers and sisters still seem to be breathing, eating and sleeping.....obviously they're not buying out the opportune time by trying to sell more literature for the company.

The should just say they want to implant a tracking device into each JW in case of emergency and if that JW looks like they may be doing something wrong they may experience electric shock as a form of Jah's guidance in helping them to avoid sin

Believe me, if it didn't violate human Rights, they'd do this in a flash.

They figured out a way to charge for literature again. That's my #1 guess.

You think? I'd be surprised if it was that........that would mean they'd have to pay Caesar's things to Caesar. And we all know they don't like doing that.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Mary, you wrote: "You think? I'd be surprised if it was that........that would mean they'd have to pay Caesar's things to Caesar. And we all know they don't like doing that."Paying tax would be cheap compared to the beating they're taking relying on the (lack of) donation arrangement. They could just set up a third party sales level such as Amazon and the Society is not responsible to collect or pay USA tax at all. It all falls on Amazon. Such a plan also solves the distribution responsibility.
    Kingdom Halls could simply order materials, pay with a credit card, receive the shipment, and the publishers could simply reimburse the Kingdom Hall for the order. Reimbursements aren't taxable here in Dakota.
    Bingo! The Society just quadrupled their income overnight. The current system isn't working, hasn't since day one. They can't go forward with the current system. They've gotta have dependable cash flow.
    I stick with my spring opinion of the three biggest problems.
    #1 Cash flow
    #2 Blood medical policy (Some changes were made this year already)
    #3 Member retention

I think the retention problem probably should be #2 in importance.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The current system isn't working, hasn't since day one. They can't go forward with the current system. They've gotta have dependable cash flow.

I stick with my spring opinion of the three biggest problems.

#1 Cash flow

garybuss,

I've heard you bring this up before. I was wondering exactly what you mean by the cash flow problem. I was also curious as to how you are privy to this information. Is there someone inside Bethel who is giving you the accounting information? Just curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit