THE BORG WANTS YOUR NUMBER

by Mary 83 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Are other religions this paranoid?

Surely, you jest.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    It has to do with in house control nothing to do with the end of the world because no one knows the hour.

I totally agree. They would have to be on crack to try to make another end of the world prediction. All indications suggest that it is going to be a major change in policy or some further restrictions placed upon Witnesses. Whatever it is, it's not going to be good.

• Mary
    Mary
    All indications suggest that it is going to be a major change in policy or some further restrictions placed upon Witnesses. Whatever it is, it's not going to be good.

If it's a change in policy, they why are they concerned about stocking up on food items or gettting everyone's home phone number? You could be right, but food supplies and a policy change don't seem to go hand in hand.......

• Scully
    Scully
    "major changes" were going to be carried out "for the good of the flock". The GB member said that "many people aren't going to like it", but they hope that everybody shows obedience.

Smells like.....

• if you are Inactive™ for 6 months, you will be automatically Disassociated™ and your family and friends will be required to shun you
    • if you've been Irregular™ for 6 months, you will be Marked™ and unofficially shunned by your friends and family members
    • they are going to implement mandatory tithing, and if you don't participate Voluntarily™, they'll send a collection agency after you
    • sex is going to be forbidden, even between married people

Take your pick. Many people "aren't going to like it", but the GB hopes "that everybody shows obedience".

• Mary
    Mary
  • if you are Inactive™ for 6 months, you will be automatically Disassociated™ and your family and friends will be required to shun you
  • if you've been Irregular™ for 6 months, you will be Marked™ and unofficially shunned by your friends and family members
  • If they really want to see their numbers fall, then I say go right ahead and try and implement something stupid like this.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Many people "aren't going to like it", but the GB hopes "that everybody shows obedience".

When they changed the BS groups up a few years ago........to smaller groups.......trying to get 15 in a group so they get closer to each other. Alot did not like that. someone will let us know what the change is soon I am sure.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    If it's a change in policy, they why are they concerned about stocking up on food items or gettting everyone's home phone number? You could be right, but food supplies and a policy change don't seem to go hand in hand.......

The stocking up of food was merely recommendations from a letter discussing natural disasters and terrorist attacks (which was probably written because of the events surrounding Katrina). I have never heard anyone tha I know suggest that the natural disaster letter is in any way related to the major announcement later on. The closeness in timing could very well be coincidence.

• loosie
    loosie
    The BS Conductor

lol .... how fitting of an acronymn BS is.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I think for what its worth that the morons in charge will do this BECAUSE they believe the end is comning. Consider: 1. They have predicted for a long time now that religion would be destroyed. 2. After the destruction of religion, Gog and his hordes would attack the Watchtower. Now the Watchtower sees the handwriting on the wall. That can only mean one thing to them. That religion's end is upon us and that the great tribulation is about to begin.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

What if the big announcement was this:

FROM NOW ONE WE WILL STOP LYING!!!

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THE END WILL COME.

YOU'RE ALL ON YOUR OWN.

LAST ONE TO LEAVE PLEASE TURN OUT THE LIGHTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit