How many 'real" friends did you ever really have in ther "truth'

by The Lone Ranger 87 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I would say that my "real friend" base is not huge but is strong. As for my friends who are still active JWs, I have an even number of "real friends" that are JWs v. non-JWs. I am fortunate in that my active JWs friends went thru their own struggles w/ the religion and I never left their side, so I think they are pretty open minded when it comes to beliefs and how people practice (or don't).

Nowman, I sent you a PM.

• target
    target

Two. One died and the other followed me out the door.

Target

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yeah one, Terry. We did a lot of miles togather and re-connected on JWD. Sad thing is his best friend, whom he went to school with, is still in. The only other friend I had was never a jw. Lost contact with him about ten years ago. Keep hoping others I knew will show up here, my cousin Vernon for one.

• okie46
    okie46

Thought I had several until I got weak and was df'd in 1985, then realized I only had one and she passed away in 1986, she was a pioneer and was killed in a car accident while in field service. I was reinstated by then and had been down to see her a couple of months before she died. The strange thing is that the last time I saw her, we couldn't let go of each other to say goodbye, we kept hugging and telling each other "I love you". Understandably, it was quite devastating when I found out she was killed.

When I was crying at our hall when they announced her funeral arrangements, one sister who I thought was my friend came up to me and said "Well, at least you got to see her before she died, you could have still been disfellowshipped." Another so-called friend said that maybe Jehovah took her because she was maybe secretly doing something wrong. My dear friend who died was the only true witness friend I ever had.

My best friend who has stuck by me through everything now for 12 years, she is the girl the elders told me to stay away from because she was a worldly person. Funny thing is she is a more moral, kind person than most of the witnesses I have ever known. Glad I didn't let the elders interfere in our friendship. I could not ask for a better friend.

NOTE TO LEN aka PIGLIPS, IF YOU ARE ON ARE THIS BOARD, PLEASE CONTACT ME... You will remember me, Shelly and I were like sisters and you came out and put out the grassfire in my front yard, remember?

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

None. I didn't even feel like Jehovah was the imaginary friend he should have been.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

At the time, I thought I had *counts on hands* fourteen close trusted friends. As only one remains in my life (the only one whose friendship wasn't conditional on my making them feel good about their faith), it turns out I had only one.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I thought I had a lot of friends, but most of them aren't friends now, so I'm left with 4, and none of them are jws now anyway, which is why they are still friends. None of the ones who are still jws even look at me when I see them.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

I have 1, she also posts on here, misspeaches. Seems its common to have between 0 and 2, and most of the ones that remain friends are also out of the org.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Two...both of them genuine and have been fantastic friends throughout all the shite and have been there unconditionally as I have been for them too.

Ironic how none of us are still witnesses isnt it?

DB74

• MidwichCuckoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit