How many 'real" friends did you ever really have in ther "truth'

by The Lone Ranger 87 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Sure we got to know a lot of people, we knew a lot more people then the average person, but how many real friends did we ever have? A friend that we could trust, that we could confine in.

I can say I had just one, Bro X and even then I still had to be careful, Bro X is an Elder now and he tells me that I’m the only real friend he’s ever had, he can’t freely talk to anyone.

So when someone leaves the Watchtower and meets new people its like a straight jacket being removed, you finally release what it means to talk freely and what a real friend acts like.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I had a few, and they all left over the years, and we are all still friends, but live in different places now, so hardly ever see each other.

Its nice that we all left eventually though.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Hmm, let's see.

None.

• KW13
    KW13

I was popular in the Congregation with 90% of the people, they seemed genuinely friendly...wonder where they are?

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

Interesting that you would post this question. I met ONE person in the org. throughout my life that is my best friend now. We're BOTH out of the cult but when we were active, she & her family were the ONLY ones who ever gave us the time of day. We moved to Oregon from the east coast over 5 years ago and the congregation we attended was full of the most self-righteous, cliquish, snobbiest & gossiping-est people I've ever met anywhere else. We have 3 kids and NO family here. My girls are 13 months apart so when we arrived in Oregon, I had an almost 3 year old, a 9 month old and was 5 months pregnant. Once my 3rd came along and we were outnumbered, not to mention juggling a toddler and 2 infants, NO one helped us, NO one invited us places, and NO one included our children in anything. Since we've left, we have made more friends and have attended more parties, events, gatherings, etc. and our kids have been invited EVERYWHERE.......and all by WORLDY people. It's funny how friendly you really become once you let your JW wall down. Bad association spoils useful habits???? YEP, that's why we left the org.....because they are bad & marred people & we refuse to let them spoil us or our useful habits!!!! Can you say B-I-T-T-E-R????!!!!

LJ

• XJW4EVR
  • earthtone
    earthtone

I use to think 3 but if they knew I was on this site probably only one. I need to find that one real friend. We lost contact about a year ago.

• mama1119
    mama1119

We have a few that left the same time as we did, they are are true friends...family really, the rest don't have a thing to do with us!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I had a few who were genuinely real friends. These were the type of people who's love was unconditional. They were some of the most wonderful people I knew. One of them passed away sometime back, and the others live out of state.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I think I had some real true friends, but since they were still into the org so much, they did not associate with me because they thought that that was the right thing to do. I am still looking for one in particular...shes hard to find. She was my best friend for 9 years, I still think of her all the time.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit