10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong

by chuckie77 99 Replies latest members adult

• Apollyon
    Apollyon

Homosexual activists have a vision for tomorrow, for an America in which their lifestyle is not simply tolerated but celebrated. And to achieve that vision activists have begun enlisting their footsoldiers for tomorrow’s army: children.

The youngest Americans have been targeted for a change of heart. Since homosexual activists believe that adults in general – and parents in particular – have corrupted their own children with their prejudice, hate and homophobia, then children must be taught apart from their parents’ influence.

Obviously, “homophobic” parents will not invite homosexuals into their homes to instruct their children that “gay is O.K.” Where, then, can these activists obtain access to children in large numbers, away from the watchful eyes of their parents? The public school system has become the answer.

The “bloody war”When parents expressed concern over the controversial activities of homosexual rights advocates at a high school in San Leandro, California, they were quickly put in their place. Karl Debro, a teacher at the school and leader of the Gay-Straight Alliance, said the parents had a right to hold “their own extreme religious views.” But, Debro added, “teachers have got to be free to expose their students to new ideas, so they can learn how to draw their own conclusions.”

This use of the public school system as a propaganda tool for the homosexual movement is merely the fulfillment of a decades-old goal. During their 1972 march on Washington, D.C., homosexual activists published a list of demands for social change. One of those demands was government “encouragement and support for sex education courses, prepared and taught by Gay women and men, presenting homosexuality as a valid, healthy preference and lifestyle as a viable alternative to heterosexuality.” A similar demand made during the 1993 homosexual march insisted that such a view be taught on “all levels of education.”

Radical activists foresee a time when homosexuals literally rub elbows with children in an effort to alter their views. Lesbian author Patricia Nell Warren wrote in The Advocate of “the bloody war in our high schools and colleges for the control of American youth.” Part of what was needed to win that war, Warren said, was that homosexuals “need to be mentoring, teaching, canvassing” both gay and straight kids.

Homosexuals are not fighting this “bloody war” in a haphazard manner. Instead, homosexual groups like the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), are organizing and developing a national strategy to get into public schools. Based in New York City, GLSEN has been enormously effective since it was formed in 1990. Some 7,500 GLSEN members now promote their agenda in more than 80 chapters throughout the U.S., and the number of Gay-Straight Alliances in public schools registered with GLSEN now stands at 400.

“Gays are tired of riding in the back of the bus,” said Kate Frankfurt, director of advocacy and public policy for GLSEN. “The issue [of gay rights] is now being joined, and the schools are a very important battleground.”

GLSEN activist and New York kindergarten teacher Jaki Williams said starting in kindergarten is a must, since children at that age are still developing their ideas about the world around them. Even at that age, she said, is “the saturation process needs to begin.”

Williams, in fact, is a model teacher when it comes to this “saturation” process. She regularly initiates conversations with her children by reading to them such controversial books as Heather Has Two Mommies, Daddy’s Roommate, and One Dad, Two Dads, Browns Dads, Blue Dads. She also hosts a viewing of the video Both of My Moms’ Names Are Judy: Children of Lesbians and Gays Speak Out, produced by a San Francisco pro-homosexual advocacy group.

According to one writer for The Lambda Report, who infiltrated a 1997 GLSEN workshop, one former teacher admitted that changing the mind of a child required more than a one-time effort. She said she had to expose her children to a constant stream of homosexual words and images, because “It’s really a conditioning process.”

Only one correct view
    If strident activists such as Debro and Warren fill the air with their rhetoric, it is not empty rhetoric. Using a growing number of potent resources, these advocates of a new America are challenging the values which parents instill in their own children. Schools which participate in this worldview overhaul consistently teach children that there is only one correct view when it comes to homosexuality.

The intent of Both of My Moms, for example, is to combat “homophobia” in elementary schools. Eric Strommen, formerly of Children’s Television Workshop– producer of Sesame Streetcalls the video “an eloquent plea from children from their teachers’ help in fighting one of the most common forms of prejudice in today’s schools.”

Terms like “homophobia” and “prejudice” are readily thrown about the classroom, often linked together with words like “hate” and “mean-spirited.” Children quickly get the message. For the pro-homosexual movement, the debate has been decided, and all that remains is to let the children know who won.

In the Anti-Bias Curriculum: Tools for Empowering Young Children, author Louise Derman-Sparks addresses how children respond to differences in society. The curriculum is published by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, which claims to be the nation’s largest organization of early childhood professionals.

Most people would agree with much of what the curriculum tries to accomplish in breaking down racial and gender stereotypes. But as usual, such efforts turn to the subject of homosexuality. In a laundry-list of unacceptable biases is “homophobia,” defined as “a fear and hatred of gay men and lesbians backed up by institutional policies and power that discriminate against them.” The curriculum clearly instructs children that a view which states that there is something unnatural in being homosexual is a “homophobic” concept.

In Derman-Sparks’ mind, “It is not differences in themselves that cause the problems, but how people respond to differences.” (Emphasis in the original.) Thus, according to the Anti-Bias Curriculum, there is nothing wrong with the homosexual lifestyle; rather it is the people who respond improperly (with homophobia) who are the problem.

The curriculum says, “Differences are good; oppressive ideas and behaviors are not.” Merely viewing homosexuality as abnormal or immoral automatically become “oppressive ideas.”

The transformation of their worldAlmost uniformly, these pro-homosexual campaigns coat their efforts with a veneer that masks the true intent of activists.
    Derman-Sparks, for example, says her curriculum is intended to reach a simple yet profound goal to which only the most backward parent could object: “The development of each child to her or his fullest potential.” Yet even in that same paragraph, she admits that “at heart anti-bias curriculum is about social change.”

Children are instructed to actively oppose biases such as homophobia. Through this curriculum, Derman-Sparks says children are learning “to think critically and to speak up when they believe something is unfair,” thus discovering “how to participate in the transformation of their world.”

Anyone wanting to view a transformed world as homosexual activists see it need look no further than Provincetown, Massachusetts. There the school board voted to require schools to present a positive image of homosexuality beginning in preschool. The board also called for hiring preferences for homosexuals within the public school system.

“We are on a trailblazing path,” bragged school superintendent Susan Fleming, who insisted that schools were an appropriate place to effect social change. “Schools often play out what’s happening in the community....We are going to be a change agent,” she said.

Celebrating homosexualityKevin Jennings, GLSEN co-founder and executive director, admitted to that organization’s 1997 conference that his goal was the promotion of homosexuality in public schools. “I can envision a day when straight people say, ‘So what if you’re promoting homosexuality.’ Or straight kids [will] say [to a male homosexual friend], ‘Hey, why don’t you and your boyfriend come over before you go to the prom and try your tuxes on at my house?’ If we believe that can happen, we can make it happen,” he said.

The end-game was made clear at the conference. Stephen Glassman, a GLSEN chapter board member from Pennsylvania, said, “I don’t want to be tolerated. I don’t want to be put up with. I want to be …celebrated.”

One GLSEN activist even denounced the quest for “tolerance” as a “condescending campaign for second-class citizenry,” and instead insisted that homosexuals demand that their homosexuality be openly “affirmed” and “celebrated.”

Such a transformation of society’s views is expected to occur piecemeal. During the GLSEN workshops, activists were instructed to first ask education administrators to make schools “safe” for homosexual youth. Such a move, however, was a “stepping stone” to further goals – including complete curriculum revision and the use of pro-homosexual materials.

Karen Kalteissen, who hosted a GLSEN workshop entitled “Conversing with the Christian Community,” said, “We might start with people who…say, ‘Well, I can go as far as tolerance,’ and then we’ll build from there. And our job, I believe, is to move them down the scale…Tolerance is not enough, let’s keep going.”

GLSEN board member Grant Peterson said, “Across the nation, we are organizing to make this the last generation that will be taught the lessons of hatred and intolerance while at school.”

When it comes to filling the hearts and minds of little children, homosexual activists seem driven to insure that they will be the only ones to do the teaching.

SIDEBAR:
    Replacing God with a pink triangleLiberals have long recognized the tremendous power of symbols, role models, and school activities to shape the beliefs of children. In fact, it has been this recognition that has driven the attempt to “cleanse” the public school system of all vestiges of religion.

In Stone v. Graham, for example, the U.S. Supreme Court dealt with a law passed by the Kentucky legislature which required public schools to post a copy of the Ten Commandments in each classroom. In reversing a lower court decision and, in effect, prohibiting the posting of the Decalogue in Kentucky’s schools, the Supreme Court said: “If the posted copies of the Ten Commandments are to have any effect at all, it will be to induce the schoolchildren to read, meditate upon, perhaps to venerate and obey, the Commandments.” (Emphasis added.)

In the view of the High Court, the impressive power of symbols upon the impressionable minds of young people was such that Kentucky had violated the separation of church and state doctrine created by the court in previous decisions.

The Supreme Court said in Stone that “the mere posting under the auspices of the legislature provides the official support of the state government…” That is, when children see a poster on a wall in their school, they implicitly understand that the message of that poster has the approval of “the state government.”

In matters of religion, such as the school prayer ruled unconstitutional in the famous 1962 case Engel v. Vitale, the Supreme Court said such government propagation had a coercive effect on children. “When the power, prestige and financial support of government is placed behind a particular religious belief, the indirect coercive pressure upon religious minorities to conform to the prevailing officially approved religion is plain,” said the court. (Emphasis added.)

But if such coercive power is inflicted on children and teenagers when the subject is religion, what happens when the subject is homosexuality? Don’t young people immediately recognize that a mere poster, or a teacher’s class on diversity, or a pro-homosexual video has “the official support of the state government”? Is there not also an “indirect coercive pressure” upon all schoolchildren? Are not the same forces at work to nudge children in the approved direction? Is it too much to assume that gay activists intend to apply such coercive pressure on children?

Thus, hand-in-hand with liberal attempts to expel any remaining vestiges of Christian influence in the public lives of children, there now has come the use of equally powerful instruments to propagandize children with a pro-homosexual viewpoint.

On the one hand, liberals have created a vacuum by removing God; on the other, they have filled the vacuum with a worldview that is humanistic, relativistic, and immoral.

Hope this Is more to the point abaddon you can stop clapping now...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Board Rules
    4. Breaking the law. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.

Apollyon,

I was about to congratulate you for 'seemingly' wanting to discuss this subject rationally, when I quickly noticed that that well written and researched article -- was not your words or thoughts at all ! You copied the entire article from the website located below.

Just in case this was simply a mistake on your part and you weren't trying to fool us stupid people...I copied above # 4 of the board rules we all must follow on this discussion board.

http://www.afa.net/homosexual_agenda/childrenb.asp

Now, please tell us in your own words...what you really think ?

As mentioned in that wonderful biased article about 'influencing kids to the gay agenda'...I have some questions: You gave me some real good reasons as to how you know you are heterosexual:

However I will answer ....aside from my religiose beliefs moral convictions and a lack of sexual desire to be with a man.....I cant think of a thing.

Obviously, even as a child, you were always attracted to the opposite sex, right ?

Why is that ? Religion & morals are different that the 3rd reason you gave -- desire. Where does your desire come from ? Many gays I've spoken to say that they always, even as young children, knew they were attracted to the same sex. Where do you think their desire comes from ? How did they know ? How do you know ?

Rabbit

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Apollyon,

For these kids that have a same sex attraction, dont you feel they should be able to hear from an early age that its ok to feel that way? I guess not, lets just keep them thinking its wrong or that they aremt "normal", let the suicides continue and the red-neck attitudes linger.

I pity any of your kids, your friends kids, your relatives kids, that might be gay.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Apollyon

theres NO WAY you wrote all that. And theres no way im gonna read it - so you have lost your audience by plagiarism and verbosity.

Why didnt you make your point more succinctly and in your OWN words? If you are going to cut and paste an article it is accepted practise to credit it, otherwise its called plagiarism (at least it is in every school, college, university and academic forum).

Do you REALLY expect people to read all those words??

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Apollyon:

Kevin Jennings, GLSEN co-founder and executive director, admitted to that organization’s 1997 conference that his goal was the promotion of homosexuality in public schools. “I can envision a day when straight people say, ‘So what if you’re promoting homosexuality.’ Or straight kids [will] say [to a male homosexual friend], ‘Hey, why don’t you and your boyfriend come over before you go to the prom and try your tuxes on at my house?’ If we believe that can happen, we can make it happen,” he said.

Imagine that. Just think about what that will mean. Teenagers being comfortable around their gay friends. No more tauntings, beatings or irrational prejudice. The very fabric of society will be torn asunder. It sounds a lot like what that pro-Negro troublemaker Martin Luther King Jr. said:

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood
    [...]
    that one day right down in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

It's getting to the stage where someone can't be a reactionary bigot anymore.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

In the UK there are Civil Marriages (i.e. 'no church' marriages) and Religious Marriages. Both result in the same status of union between two people under law.

For this reason I think the UK's Civil Partnership for homosexual couples, bestowing the greater majority (if not all) of the same rights as Civil/Religious Marriages, was not seen as less than 'marriage'. It's only really less than Religious Marriage in the sense that it cannot happen in a church, but I'm not sure many homosexuals care much for the church anyway.

I married my wife two years ago in a Civil Ceremony (Civil Marriage) - neither of us wanted the church to have anything to do with it.

Does Civil Marriage between heterosexual couples exist in the USA? If so, I wonder why people are getting hung up on the word Marriage with a big M?

Religious Marriage

Civil Marriage

Civil Union/Partnership

What's in a word as long as they equate to the same thing - 'marriage'?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Apolloyon

No, I am now jeering at your plagarism. Not that what you stole and posted as your own words is all that much to be impressed by;

Homosexual activists have a vision for tomorrow, for an America in which their lifestyle is not simply tolerated but celebrated.

I suppose by the same logic you find celebrating African American culture a bad thing, as you would far rather they were merely tolerated?

The next bit that starts "And to achieve that vision activists have begun enlisting their footsoldiers for tomorrow’s army: children" and ends “teachers have got to be free to expose their students to new ideas, so they can learn how to draw their own conclusions.” is similarly offensive. I suppose you would stop the teachers of racist parents from exposing those children to new ideas about race? Or stop the teachers of parents who abused their children from exposing those children to new ideas about the rights of children?

As for the next bit, I again have to ask you, in the vain hope you will use your own words; what are you afraid of? Gay people are PEOPLE first and GAY second. Please show me some proof that someone who is gay is more likely to harm their fellow man or woman than someone who is straight. Religious facism, the wish by some religious people to impose their values upon others, is the single biggest cause of problems in the world today, as the problem with Islamic fundamentalists (facists by any other name) shows. Of course, you can believe what you will, but to force your religious opinions into law is as bad as imposing Sharia law. In the modern society we live in laws are based on prevention of harm to others, not on religious beliefs. If you don;t want yourself com[pared to Islamic fundamentalists, stop thinking like one.

I also have to say your fear that children exposed to information about homosexuality as part of sex education classes will become gay as a result is one based on no facts whatsoever. Look at all the gay children "twisted" into homosexuality by their straight parents! Look at how straight kids born to gay women or adopted by gay couples grow up straight despite every effort to wharp their fragile little minds (please see the sarcasm dripping from this). Without having EVER proved homosexuality can be taught you try to make people fear that teaching about it will turn people gay. Any other unfounded and fanciful beliefs you wish to foist upon us?

One thing you seem to ignore is that one reason why gay activists would like exposure to the fact of and facts about homosexuality in schools is to reduce bigotry against and ignorance about homosexuality. Or would you rather that gay people still suffer discrimination, even physical assault by (ignorant by definiton) homophobes?

I suppose you are happy to stop all reference to the equality of genders and races, the wrongs of spousal abuse, alcoholism, drunk driving, or the dangers of drugs in school because, according to the writer of this article, schools are not the place for effecting social change? THAT's what the writer implies, as they seem to be quite unhappy school superintendent Susan Fleming, "insisted that schools were an appropriate place to effect social change".

And you posted this in defence of your opinions? You of course have a perfect right to your opinion... but your postings and your plagarisms go to show how little value some opinions have.

• Blackbird2004
    Blackbird2004

NO ONE IS GOING AWAY!! It's time for people to get use to gays and lesbians.

With that in mind. Even if every gay and lesbian left this planet, some of our children would still turn out homosexual. We see it in the animal kingdom, then why not in human animal? Kinsey studied human sexuality and discovered that 30-40% of all people have had homosexual encounters or fantasies during their lives.

Now that I'm a non-Witness I have so many gay and lesbian friends. I feel bad that at one time I would have shunned them. In fact the original post of this discussion was sent to me by a gay friend of mine. I laughed my ass off!

• earthtone
    earthtone

Can't we all just get along!

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Can't you homophobes see that you are hurting people with your vitriol? I don't know if i could have coped living in a society where black people were distained and viewed as inferior to whites... but i continue to live in a society where i'm viewed as s**t because im gay. I can't wait to see anti-gay comments go the way of anti-black comments.

Denying the legitimate existence of something doesnt make it go away. In past centuries, black people didn't fit into the world-view of many whites, so they simply stated that they were less evolved, cursed by God, only Godknows if some people even believed that black people CHOSE to be black through their immoral behavior. Many religions didn't even admit blacks into their ranks, and even if they did, didnt allow them positions of responsibility. Just coz they looked a bit different from them. {Its just as superficial with homophobia today} Instead of finding empirical evidence for their existance, they just assumed they knew everything and branded them, with marks which lasted for centuries and are still seen today albeit in faded form.

The same has happening with gays today. People hate gays because of superficial reasons. What business does anyone have to legislate on what two consenting adults do in their bed?? {The watchtower tried to do that with breast fondling, and fellatio between straight marriedcouples!!!!!} We've been accused of chosing to be gay, even tho the majority of gays have a tendancy to be attracted to the same sex before they even know what 'gay' is. The folly has to end.

Things that you hate don't necessarily mean that they are wrong. The fact that I don't like mushrooms doesn't mean that every mushroom has to be obliterated from my sight and that legislation should be brought about to stop the cultivation of such a revolting parasitic fungus... Open your minds...

Homosexual activists have a vision for tomorrow, for an America in which their lifestyle is not simply tolerated but celebrated. And to achieve that vision activists have begun enlisting their footsoldiers for tomorrow’s army: children.

Trust me, no amount of parading and enlisting of children will turn a child who is meant to be straight, gay. Equally, {as was the case in my childhood} no amount of forcing heterosexuality down the throat of a child who is attracted to the same sex, will turn the child straight. When i was first attracted to a member of the same sex, i didn''t even know what sex was, what alone what being 'gay' was. It was a un-provoked development in me that i tried for years to surpress and change when i first realised that my feelings were 'wrong' according to the Watchtower.

Opposition to gay people on the grounds they are excessively gay during gay marches or in gay entertainment establishments is like being opposed to Italians because they are excessively Italian on Italian marches or in Italian entertainment establishments. It is irrational.

This is a very good point... However its good to keep in mind, that most gay people do not act 'gay' {eg. flamboyant and effeminate}. Saying they do is like saying that all black people say 'wassap ma nigga' and walk as if they have a disability. To me this is just attention seeking. Its a stereotype that certain people practice so much that it has become their normal way of behaving. I for one don't like stereotypes and get quite annoyed when i see gay people on the media being 'gay', i feel like they are parading themselves around and forcing themselves on other people... AND IM GAY MYSELF... {i have no eye for fashion or gardening, i'm not camp/effeminate, i'm not promiscuous, i don't have any diseases... and i have no agenda other than not wanted to be treated like shit by people like Apollon}...

Some people just act like that for attention, but i do realise that some people do get some kind of catharsis from behaving like that.. a catharsis which comes from years of hiding yourself. I just get my catharsis out of leading a fairly normal life with my partner who i'm totally in love with, and about having a relationship which is based on love and trust and not sex, flamboyance and perverseness.

Dorayakii... of the Society for the Worldwide Obliteration of the Mushroom {aka. SWOM}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit