10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong

by chuckie77 99 Replies latest members adult

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

I dont have really strong views for or against it, but the way it was explained to me was that it gives a gay couple equal rights in society. At the moment for example, the partner of a gay person has no say in how his/her partner is to be treated if they are unconscious in hospital. Or if the partner of a gay person dies, their partner has no legal standing to claim the posessions of his/her partner.

I think a lot of gay people want it for legality reasons as opposed to just being able to say they are married.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    chuckie " there agenda Is foisted on our youth" pretty much says It ;or are you asking for specifics?

My gay agenda is as follows: 1. Go to work in the morning and go home at night and collect a pay check 2. Be able to share legal responsibility with the person I love 3. Live my life in peace I'm not tring to foist anything on anyone - just asking for respect for what I am, because I didn't choose to be gay. I want to live my life, like everyone else.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I too am sick of those gays trying to foist their agenda on me. I used to get beaten up in school for being straight. Kids would shout insults like "breeder" or "pussy-lover" at me. My fathers disowned me when they found out. A transvestite priest told me I was an abomination before God. Why can't those gays just leave me alone?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The real issue of is the legal and tax benefits and responsibilities from a legally binding marriage. I have no problem with all married people whether straight or gay receiving the same rights. As long as they also accept the corresponding responsibilities.

• scotsman
    scotsman

The only reason that gay marriage is wrong is that it's conforming to the heteronormative.

• Apollyon
    Apollyon

Yes chuckie that is what Im saying .....I dont want my 1st grader given a book a book stating Its ok to be gay and than go Into detail about there life style.

• Apollyon
    Apollyon

chuckie A power of attorney and a written will would take care of the two problems you stated.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    My problem Is gays trying to foist there agenda as "normal" on everyone else.

Im not sure they want to foist it on everyone. I thought they just wanted the right to get married and all the attendant rights that brings, like pensions, succession etc.

I dont think gay is 'normal', but I certainly dont have a problem with two committed adults being able to have a legal framework to demonstrate their committment.

And I dont think kids will be turned gay - working in a school I can confirm kids are as homophobic as ever, and 'gayboy' 'gaylord' and 'queeah' are still a popular forms of insult - for anyone that was worried all our kids were turning into gaylords!

• Apollyon
    Apollyon

Good to see you dont have an agenda other gays do such as GLSEN (gay lesbian straight education network)

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Yes chuckie that is what Im saying .....I dont want my 1st grader given a book a book stating Its ok to be gay and than go Into detail about there life style.

I think that's a little an extreme thing to say. 1st Graders wouldn't get a book with that sort of detail on any relationship. Be it homo or hetrosexual. In highschool, yes, it would be discussed but not to try and 'sway' people. But for the same reason there is sex education in schools already. To make kids aware of how to practice safe sex.

chuckie A power of attorney and a written will would take care of the two problems you stated.

You would think so, wouldn't you. Unfortunately these have been overturned in courts of law by family members appealing the power or attorneys and legal wills. How do they get away with it? Because the relationship has never been legally recognised. Imagine spending your whole adult life with someone in a relationship and not being able to see them on their death bed because the courts prevented it. Our building up a home together and their family members coming and taking half of it away. See, there is no justice in that.

I don't want you to think that I'm flaming you. I certainly am not. But I just feel they are entitled to the same rights we are. Gay marriage isn't about wanting to have wedding ceremonies. Its about wanting the same legal liberties that hetrosexual couples want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit