10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong

by chuckie77 99 Replies latest members adult

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    When the Roman soldiers "turned" gay they were probably not all that interested in fighting and preferred to go for latte's and a facial.

Duh as if they were! More likely they were off at a club bumping and grinding (read dancing) away to the latest remixed top 40 tunes!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Apollyon

I notice you havnt asked for the proof about books being placed in the hands of our kids is it you just dont care,dont want to know or are you more interested in my sexual preference ?

What you said was those 'gay' books were in GRADE SCHOOLS ! Any school books to be used in Texas Public Schools must be approved and voted on by the State...and concerned parents on the local school boards. I won't ask you for proof of anything. It was your contention about these books, not mine. Do your own argument.

2nd...I don't have any interest in your sexual preference or anyone else's. It's simply none of my business.

However I will answer ....aside from my religiose beliefs moral convictions and a lack of sexual desire to be with a man.....I cant think of a thing.
    Serious question: How do you know you are homosexual ? Please let me know I'm trying to understand

Thank you for your personal answer. You gave 3 very good simple reasons why you know you aren't homosexual: Religious, moral & desire. Those would be my answers, too.

Here's the thing...where did those answers come from ? Did someone tell you that's how you should feel ? Do you feel like you were forced to feel the way you do ? Did you figure it out by your natural personal inner feelings ? I think it would be safe to say your answers would be: From myself. No. No. Yes.

So, I think my point is easy to see: Talking to friends I've met who are gay, they give me the exact same reasons that you give. People who are heterosexual and homosexual come from all walks of life, religious beliefs, moral convictions, desire, race and poor or rich. And it's always been that way. it always will be.

I was taught as a JW to hate a whole group of people -- and I did. I accepted someone else's (WT) ideas as my own. I believed that God hated these people so much He was gonna slaughter them. As a good JW several years ago, I discovered a fellow regular pioneer was gay. I immediately called the Elders to 'rat out' my good friend. Within a week he was DF ™ .

This good friend was told by the JC that "God had turned his back on him and he was as good as dead." Further, they told this person who still believed in The Truth, "It would be better off if you were dead now...before Armageddon...at least then, you might have a chance at the Resurrection."

He went into a deep depression (this was in 1974) became an alcoholic and tried many, many times to take the Elders Loving ™ advice and commit suicide. He truly believed he was a condemned man. The Elders knew he was gay when he was studying -- they told him he would be "cured".

He told me all this 30 years after he was DF ™ . I finally found him, I was looking, so I could apologize to him for not 'minding my own business'. My actions caused him much pain. He was already depressed and I was afraid he had killed himself after being totally shunned by his family and every friend he had -- all JW's. That was on my conscience. He accepted my apology graciously. And, he's still gay. And happy.

I am tired of the judgment that religion and people put on others. I am ashamed that *I* judged adult people so severely that I could tell them, " *I* know what's best for you, *I* understand and know you much better than you know yourself. *I* will decide who you can desire, who you can or cannot marry and even who you can have sex with.

I'm trying to 'right' some of my past wrongs, this subject is just one of them. 'Who' people are attracted to is not my business, I think you, me and everyone else is perfectly capable of figuring that out all by themselves.

That's my interest.

Sincerely, Rabbit

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Qcmbr:

It should have occurred to you by now - not least because I stated it explicitly - that not everyone worships your god or cares what he might think. Even those who do, for the most part, wouldn't want to live in the sort of primitive theocracy you advocate.

Because most of us live in countries where laws are based on individual rights rather than the whims of a Bronze Age god, we don't have to accept your idea of what marriage is. And what a narrow definition you have. Only fertile Christians (or Jews) are qualified to get married, divorce is forbidden. Bizarrely, if the husband dies, his brother must impregnate the wife. I don't want to live in a world like that, and nor do the majority of people.

I do not hate gays but I do hate the lifestyle just as many 'hate' my lifestyle but would be quite happy to spend time with me. I have a best friend who is gay ,I make a distinction between the individual and behaviours I don't agree with and don't bundle them up together - that is the gift of enlightened society to me - not permisiveness
    I agree somewhat. For example, the fact that you believe the teachings of the wackiest church this side of Scientology would not stop me having a drink with you (although it might stop you!). However, I don't think it's right for children to be exposed to that nonsense. Being raised by homosexuals has never been known to make a child gay, whereas being raised by Mormons has often resulted in the children becoming Mormons. And personally, I'd rather a child become gay than Mormon.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

Apollyon spluttered:

My problem Is gays trying to foist there agenda as "normal" on everyone else.

What kind of uninformed and arrogant moron says this kind of thing? Who would be so competely ignorant as to imagine that all people who have nothing in common except for their sexuality share some common 'agenda'? And who would be so conceited that they are proud to reveal such an arrogant opinion?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Apollyon babbled:

Good to see you dont have an agenda other gays do such as GLSEN (gay lesbian straight education network)

The Nazis had an agenda too. Hitler was straight, therefore Appolyon must be a Nazi.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Late in their existence they encouraged homosxual relations between troops figuring they would bond better and make better soldiers. The primary result was wholesale retreat in battle.

WHAAA..... all the Roman soldiers turned gay?????

Maybe they wholescale retreated because they had suddenly found what true love was all about and suddenly didnt want to die as much as they did when the only prospect was to go home and poke the wife?

Im mean C'mon!! I can hardly believe it - a big butch macho lion feeding, road building, viaduct inventing country slaying army tromping all over Europe. Then suddenly the Caesar says 'hey fellas, if you do the pokey pokey with your legion buddy you wont miss the old trouble and strife so much'. So they all do, and suddenly they are petulantly refusing to rape and pillage..

'sorry darling theres nothing worth pillaging in that village - theyre not exactly wearing the summer collection are they?'

'rape? her? you must be joking duckie, I wouldnt touch her with my legion lovers dick...'

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

ROFL katie!!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    sunnygall I really dont give a shit about your mood tonite or any other nite you might want to ckeck that PMS.......

hehe, and there lies your whole little world............you don't give a shit about anyone or anything but your own self centered fearful view of life and the world. all the people who have responded to your thread politely and with eloquence and there YOU sit with your little mind all locked up, like a fortress. and, for the record, not PMS, just a couple of glasses of wine and anger and sadness in my heart for you. 'nuf said, i'm wasting my time just like everyone else here have already.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

rextet,

Can you really be that daft? Every great civilization in history has fallen when moral decay became widespread and family units were no longer cohesive. Yep, the Romans too. Late in their existence they encouraged homosxual relations between troops figuring they would bond better and make better soldiers. The primary result was wholesale retreat in battle. No, don't accuse me of being homophobe, look it up in the history books you seem to have avoided while going through primary school!

and this is a classic example of how different our paradigms are rex. you see this static world in your head as the image of perfection. one where we strive to some type of pinnacle of existence. you presume here that rome fell not just because that is how all life on this planet comes and goes (evolves - whooptie-dooo!), but because it did not live up to some imaginary standard by which all civilizations must rise to. this i find laughable of course, but it is essentially what you are saying. i do understand where you are coming from my poor lil rexly, however, as i was once a jehovah's witness myself. and yes i know you are a born again. same dif.

please rex, get a membership at a public library, and drop the bible college stuff.

cheerio beerio,

ts

• dvw
    dvw

I AM IN YOUR CORNER APOLLYAN. MOST OF THESE POSTERS DRANK THE KOOL AID THAT THE WTS. WAS SERVING UP, AND NOW THEY ARE JUST GOING TO THE OTHER EXTREME.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit