10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong

by chuckie77 99 Replies latest members adult

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I'm not crazy about Christians for similar reasons: "Some" of them take part in big parades where they will brandish images of their god and his mother. They exaggerate their religion, many of them publicly displaying the cross, the symbol of being a Christian. They have huge pointy buildings where they go to worship, often with a cross that can be seen for miles. They have their own TV shows and stations. Many of them actively try to recruit new members too. That sort of pathology is way beyond just liking Jesus.

What Funky Derek said!

(hes not just a cunning linguist, he really is a master debator!)

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    For myself...the "other extreme" from being a Witness is a peaceful feeling I get from 'letting' adults make up their own minds on who they want to love, who they're attracted to and who they want to have sex with. And other things, too.

that's exactly how i feel also, Rabbit...........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Society has not collapased... oh, no... wait a minute.... no that was just a heavy truck passing by... as I was saying, society has not collapsed, and many who were opposed years ago now don't really give a fig about sexuality any longer as the dire prophesies of the Cassandras have failed to come about.

Bottom line is the anti-gays are dwindling in number and influence. Just like racists and misogynists have and are dwindling in number and influence. Welcome to the 21st Century; please mind the doors and keep your hands within the vehicle at all times.

lol.............LOVE that sense of humor and am in total agreement of your erudite comments...........

• acsot
    acsot

Abaddon's back! (how was the vacation?)

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

So much has been said here already. I haven't read the entire thread, so I can only hope my assumption is correct that the discussion is about whether or not gay people or gay marriage is good for society?

Here's my one cent.

I think gays should be able to marry, and adopt children. These kinds of freedoms happen when you have a free country. As long as no laws are broken, then people should be free to do as they please. Laws that discriminate should be changed Again, this is just part of having a free country.

Personally, I find gay sex disgusting. No, it's not a phobia, its' just something that I find disgusting. It's not the only thing that disgusts me either. Booger-eating, toe-licking, indian food, MTV, Lifetime Channel, - all these things disgust me. But I accept that there are many people out there that LOVE them all. I'm sure there are things that I like that other folks find disgusting. Like cheeseburgers. I work with a couple vegans that nearly vomit everytime they watch me eat. As long as I am free to embrace what I like and reject what I don't like, I don't have a problem with anyone else doing the same.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    AbaddonOpposition to gay people on the grounds they are excessively gay during gay marches or in gay entertainment establishments is like being opposed to Italians because they are excessively Italian on Italian marches or in Italian entertainment establishments. It is irrational.
    dvwthe reason i am not crazy about homosexuals is: it seems to me that "some" try to make things as awkward as they can. more times than not they exagerate their sexuality. whatch a gay pride parade to see it in its fullest. i think there is a pathology there that goes beyond just liking weiners.

Yep, here in Texas we have Rodeo parades...damn...they are SO excessively 'western cowboy' I didn't realize how rude I was being "exaggerating my" Rodeo-ness. I think there must be a "pathology" there that goes beyond liking horses, cows and cowgirls. (not girl-cows ) On the other hand...I was a cowboy growing up, so, it seemed, well, natural.

And those hispanic and black people have parades, too. I've found them to be "excessively" black & spanish oriented. Why do they insist on being themselves...and even being proud about it ?

dvwrabbit, no i didnt drink it. [WT Kool-Aid] you say you have a peaceful feeling now. didnt you think you had peace when you were in the org?

I'm really sorry that you did not 'get' anything more out of my post. Dammit, I worked really hard on it, too. You saw the "peaceful feeling" part and still missed my point about 'why' I feel that way.

Yes, I felt I had "peace" in the org." back then...geez, you're obvious. I'd tell you what your point is, but, that would be rude. So, puh-lease...tell me how I've had 2 opposite "peaceful feelings" now. Go ahead...get it over with.

When you're thru, please get serious and ask some good questions. Damn, read Abaddon's comments, he's speaks much clearer than I do. Try to find some fault in his reasoning.

Rabbit

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

hambrak

Gays need to get rid of the term marriage and use the term civil union.

Please show me when and where heterosexuals obtained trademark status on the term marriage.

Sex in public places is wrong

Strawman; no one is campaigning for the right to have sex in public places; stick to the topic under discussion.

and so are overtly public expressions of affection.

Define 'overtly'. Provided public deceny is not being outraged (see above, no one is asking for the right to have sex in public), why should everyone agree on your (on any one person's) definition of overtly? Are we talking like Boss Hogg's law against public osculation in Hazzard COunty? People have the right to display affection in public. People also have the right to look the other way.

Say it loud I'm gay and I'm proud!

Mmmm.... supposedly pro-gay slogans in a post which shows you're very not comfortable with the idea of treating homosexual unions exactly the same as heterosexual unions is very unconvincing.

ascot

Vacation? It was great but in the 1 1/2 weeks since I got back from three weeks in France (south coast, near Narbonne, same place as my Avatar photo was taken, most days in the 90's F (35's C), fantastic history (I think Carcasonne is the most amasing walled city you can see in Europe), glorious food, watching my love's bum turn brown) I have packed my life in boxes, moved house, picked my daughetr up from England so she can come and live with me in Holland, and now I am back at work so really feel like another holiday.

crankytoe

Personally, I find gay sex disgusting.

Marriage is about love, not sex. Why 'lower the tone'? No one is particulary interested in what forms of sexual activity you find disgusting, although I must say now I have to ask you whether you find heterosexual anal sex or felatio disgusting too. Do you loose wood at the idea of two women getting it on, or is it just two guys together you dislike? Or are just a bit conflicted and contradictory?

As long as I am free to embrace what I like and reject what I don't like, I don't have a problem with anyone else doing the same.

But why the neccesity to condemn others for something you will never have to do or observe, whilst ignoring the fact this thread is about whether gay people should be allowed to publically celebrate their love. It really is a bit offensive; I'm not condemning you, just asking you to question your values and opinions to see if they stand up to examination.

If someone said "I don't have a problem with mixed marriage but find the idea of sex between people of different racial groups disgusting", would you really believe that they had no problem with mixed marriages?

• Apollyon
    Apollyon

"The Nazis had an agenda too. Hitler was straight, therefore Appolyon must be a Nazi."

Well jedro using you reasoning Australia was a pineal colony therefore you must be a criminal.......<

what are your crimes?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Apollyon

Nice to see you can not respond to any of the points raised in a meaningful fashion and have to try and turn a joke being made at your expense around against the person making it.

*the sound of s l o w clapping*

Well done.

Don't you feel it's a bit sad to have an attitude like yours? Like, what are you afraid of? That your bad dancing (in comparsion to gay guys) will lose your chicks? That your messy unfashionable clothing (compared to gay guys) will make you less attractive to women? Or that a gang of gay men will break into your home and give it the ultimate gay home makeover? Or that a lesbian on a Harley will out-macho you?

Of course, all those are sterotypes, which is apparently what you see... rather than people, like you and me, who simply love someone of the same sex.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Really folks, those of you above who are against gay marriage for one reason or another. It's actually embarrassing for you. I mean, how can you admit to be such an ignorant hick as to not be on board with gay marriage? 20 years from now you are going to be listed with the white folks in the South who were shouting "niggers" at blacks for attending schools, riding busses and MARRYING white folks. Before that it was slavery. Who was it who was for slavery? Religious conservatives! Only a few religious leftists in the North, considered extremists by most, took up the cause of anti-slavery. Who was it that railed against artistic expression causing the dark ages and the recession of knowledge, science, music, art etc? Yup, it was your counterparts way back, religious conservatives, when who came up with seemingly intellectual arguments like:

"When you boil everything down, will gay marriage benefit society?"

Idiot! That is not the point at all! The point is whether they have the right to do it... and they do asshole! Whether their union blesses or benefits society is up to society to react positively or negatively to them thereby creating a benefit. If someone objected to your wedding saying it wasn't going to benefit society would you have backed down like a pussy and not married your wife? No. People are going to like a union or not like it, it's up to them to grapple with their feelings and as with all the other civil rights issues (that's right, this is a civil rights issue) people will get used to it.

Is it automatic that people go from being a JW to a reli-con? There's so many of em on this board it's sickening. It's like taking a trip to Hicksville, USA

Shawn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit