What's the oddest thing you have eaten?

by PopeOfEruke 119 Replies latest social physical

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Dobbie

mushy pea fritters in a bread roll???? OMG

Give me some deep-fried bulls testicles on a stick anyday!

Pope

• Gregor
    Gregor

At a restaurant in Tokyo, raw puffer fish (fugu). Deadly poison if not prepared correctly. I was guest of some Japanese business men who were trying to find something I wouldn't eat. They finally gave up.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Gregor

I heard a good trick in a fugu restaurant is to drop a fork loudly onto your plate. Apparently muscle paralysis is the first symptom of fugu poisoning. All the other restaurant patrons will think you been poisoned!

Pope

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

HOG HEAD CHEESE

1 lg. hog head (Yes, the whole head)
    1 1/2 tbsp. salt
    Dash of red pepper
    Dash of black pepper
    1 onion
    1 c. vinegar

Clean hog head by removing eyes, ears and brains. Saw into 4 pieces. Put in large pot and boil until tender. Remove meat from broth. Pick out bones and cook onion until done in broth. Dip out onion and run meat and onion through food chopper. Mix in peppers, vinegar and salt, put in cheese cloth, hang, let drip overnight. Slice and enjoy. Refrigerate unused portion.

• JH
    JH

It's not odd for me, but it's odd for you guys who have no clue what this is.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yep. I have really had them all, and they are all pretty good. Just the dog I will NEVER do again.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

rattlesnake; turtle; goat; shark; dolphin (yep, I ate Flipper and it was good)

I've heard monkey's brains are supposed to be good, but I've never tried them.

• arwen
    arwen

goose liver, dulse(a type of seeweed) mussels,cavier, and some sort of meat in Morroco that the when I asked what is this? the guy said, "itz meat lady, juz meat", I never did find out what it was. I hate trying new foods and I almost threw up when I tried the fois gras or goose liver. Give me a good old hamburger any day.

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<dulse(a type of seeweed)>>

Isn't this just vile?! Like chewing on a salty purple plastic bag that just grows and grows in your mouth. Blech!

Dams

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Ok. I'm curious. What is it? It does look good, by the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit