What's the oddest thing you have eaten?

by PopeOfEruke 119 Replies latest social physical

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Rattlesnake, buffalo burger's and steaks, mountain oysters, frog legs, rabbit domestic and jack rabbits also various live bugs while riding my bicycle and motorcycles.

Leo those Larvets look absolutely delish!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Sir Pope,

This is the kind of Buffalo that is raised here. Also called Bison.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

i have eaten alot of the stange things mentioned...........but i did not see antelope.......best piece of roasted meat ......I can still tasted it sometimes.

purps

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    it is pounded taro root
    I see! sounds good. I have had those taro chips they sell at the health food store. They are yummy!
    Yes it is yummy but an aquired taste. Most tourists don't like it. I miss it! The chips are great but high in fat. Poi is pure pounded taro with nothing added.

It sounds interesting! I want to try it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    chickens feet- by accident at a restaruant in London. It was in the bottom of my lotus bowl. I guess it was supposed to be there.

My husband is from Lousiana and he has eaten "chicken feet" too. Why do y'all call them "chicken feet" instead of chicken claws? Weird?

I've eaten some weird stuff. Whatever Dad shot, basically (except humans)!? Anyway, rabbit, squirrel, raccoon (that was nasty, yuck), pigs feet, pig ears, pig tails, chitterlings, ox tails, beef neck bones, pig neck bones, chicken tails (We called it chicken butt!), mountain oysters, beef heart, beef tongue, tripe, corn meal mush, sugar sandwich, mustard sandwich (no meat), whatever that was in the cabinet type meals. .. and I love fried green tomatoes! Oh yeah! Poke (polk) salad! I don't even know how to spell it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes forgot those - bullfries - Rocky Mountain Oysters (deep fried bull testicles)

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I live in the jungle...

Curried monitor lizard ..Good

BBQ'd python ..Good

Roasted fruit bats ..Good

Sting ray ..Very Good

and I have even tried dog...NEVER again!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Why do y'all call them "chicken feet" instead of chicken claws? Weird?

I think it is lack of a thought process that made me call it that...lol

• Twitch
    Twitch

Crow
    And it didn't taste good
    but i ordered it,.....
    ;-)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Stealth

I have an Irish mate who told me that stingray is one of the delicacies offered in Dublin. There are some restaurants near the beach in Dublin which are famous for their stingray. Go figure.

Have you really eaten fruit bat??? It's a favourite for Aborigines living in Northern Australia.

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit