What's the oddest thing you have eaten?

by PopeOfEruke 119 Replies latest social physical

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

It looks like it has already been eaten once.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Chocolate Milk -- it was really cooked blood poured over food. Philippino dish. I did not like it.

Anyone eaten Goat??

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm let's see

• Frog's legs - love them and learned how to cook them
    • Caviar - too salty and fishy for my taste
    • Buffalo - more protien than beef but dense and heavier than beef - would try it again
    • Rabbit - like chicken but with a gamier taste
    • Cornish hens - too small to try doing it again
    • Head cheese - Not a cheese at all, but a sausage made from the meaty bits of the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) that are seasoned, combined with a gelatinous meat broth and cooked in a mold. When cool, the sausage is unmolded and thinly sliced. It`s usually eaten at room temperature.
    • Blood sausage - before my mother started studying with the JWs - can't even begin to think about trying it again
    • Sweetbreads - the thymus glands of veal, young beef, lamb and pork - would definitely eat it again if given the chance
    • Octopus and squid - yuck and I got so sick after
    • Moose - ages ago when I was a kid and I don't recall what it tastes like
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

JH

It's not odd for me, but it's odd for you guys who have no clue what this is.

I know, I know.

Poutine. Fries with cheese (most often cheese curds but many places use Mozzarella) and covered with hot gravy.

Oh now I want one

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I ate billy goat once. We had a roast and with the left-overs I cooked a curry. Was fine, a lot like lamb or mutton.

Pope

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey SimpleSally

Anyone eaten Goat??

I have, a lot. Once when I was in Raices Mexico my schoolmates uncle Raelo butchered the baby goat for us and the women just cut it up and prepared it in the back yard. It is a very poor ranch and it was a big honor to have them prepare that for us. It was delicious. I did have to look away a bit for they spared no part. they were even gathering the blood and stuffing the intestines. No waste.

I will have to get the negatives transfered to digital. I have been wanting to print and mat some of the shots I took.

Even better I hope to go back next year.

• anewme
    anewme

Have you ever seen this weird island fruit that looks like a horny thorny coconut??
    Gag it smells terrible! I was offered it by a Bible study but refused.

• arwen
    arwen

it is poutine.. a french dish that is yummy. French fries, gravy, and cheese ............I would love to have some now!!!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<Have you ever seen this weird island fruit that looks like a horny thorny coconut??

Gag it smells terrible! I was offered it by a Bible study but refused.>>

Do you mean durian? Smells like a decomposing body rubbed in funky cheese?

I used to reuse to scan it when I worked in a grocery store. ;(

Nasty nastiness

Dams

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

Porcupine.

It was in a stew. Took forever to chew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit