What's the oddest thing you have eaten?

by PopeOfEruke 119 Replies latest social physical

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey I was on holiday last week and we went to a sea-side night market and there was a food stand called "Roadkill Restaurant". The motto was "You kill it, We grill it". Charming place.

They had crocodile, buffalo, camel, and kangaroo and emu kebabs. I tried the croc - it was OK, white meat but not really like chicken. More chewy and an odd taste - needed some sauce really.

I wanted to try the camel but I chickened out. I was scared that if I ordered the camel the guy would say "One hump or two, sir?".

What's the oddest food you have eaten?

Pope

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I've eaten alligator and cougar...

Buffalo meat is quite common in Washington. You can buy it at any grocery store.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Now that is a loaded question! lol

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Liquidsky

it's the so-called Indonesian buffalo that they were selling. I tried it too and it was fine! Tender, like beef but very dark meat. Like Ox tail for example.

Pope

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I've had fried crocodile. I've also eaten spiders and other various insects from the garage or back yard to shock the younglings. It never really shocks them though. They usually just want me to keep eating more, which of course is not the reaction I wanted.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Ostrich, and it was gross!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

nothing exotic ....froglegs . kids tried chocolate covered ants , worms, and some other such bugs @ school for science class .

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey I had Ostrich salami once! It was real dark but had a pleasant half-chicken half-something else taste. I thought it was fine.

I wouldn't like to eat an Ostrich drumstick though.

Pope

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Are frog-legs odd ? I've had those . Kids had a science teacher that got them to try fried worms , chocolate covered ants , and some other such bugs.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Really though...snails, octopus, gator, oysters, Rocky Mountain Oysters, chickens feet, cow brain and tounge, goat, squirrel, buffalo, wapiti (elk), metwurst, frog, mudbugs, some kind of broiled intestines, caviar, um.. I have to think a bit.

ooh you all reminded me. Goose egge and ostrich egg, pig feet, oh yeah and McDonalds. lol Who knows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit