What's the oddest thing you have eaten?

by PopeOfEruke 119 Replies latest social physical

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Other then that, there are various fruits that are flown in and sold at the market that are quite interesting that I've tried. Not memorable though, guess that says enough.

Ooohh...Cactus, yucca, mesquite beans, avacodo and pinto bean pie, goose liver, comquates (spelling), I love fruit.

yes, I know goose liver is not a fruit.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I've eaten many of the same things sparky listed in her post.

When I was a kid, before we became JWs, I ate German bludwurst (blood sausage)-it grossed me out. And headcheese. I think that's made with pork, but looks odd. I also ate antelope.

And who knows what I've eaten in a Chinese restaurant.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I had the raw pork mince and fresh onions on a bread roll in Germany....it wasn't as bad as it looked.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Yewwwww
    Goose liver. You have had some intersting things on your plate Sparky. Hey I give you mega kudos for it. I am a chicken s*** when it comes to oddball food.
    If I can't recognize it, chances are my nose will wrinkle.

Avocados yuuuum. A good guacomole any day with tortilla chips. I didn't realize avocados are a fruit. You are right though. I think fruit is defined by the issue of the seed :)

BSoM

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok Serendipity....

You've got me going through my food and making sure I recognize it all.

Lets see.... chicken..... batter....rice.....

;)

BSoM

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Crocodile, Racoon, Rattlesnake, Frogs legs, escargot

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I am a chicken s*** when it comes to oddball food.

If I can't recognize it, chances are my nose will wrinkle.

I am a bit of one too, really, it is just I was taught at least try it once. And some of these situations, like Mexico, require that you eat what is served. When people kill the best baby goat in your honor you need to eat it and smile. Thank to everything it was good.

the worst thing eaten was dog. It was by accident. we were in Mexico and this lady bought us tacos. They were serious when they told us the stand people makes them with dog. I ate it and found out later. I guess it was alright, but I was very young.

Mainly, I have taught the kids to do the same thing. try it once. People are proud of the food they make you. Same with music. I think I have said it before, but if you want to know people, listen to the music that moves them and eat what they feed you!

sometimes there are things I cannot stomache, but mostly I will try it at least. stillajwexelder- I forgot- I did have snake. It was a south Texas thing.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Sour poi when I lived in Hawaii. yuuuuuuuummmy

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

BSoM

you are a food wuss!

Pope

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sour poi

Kate- What is that?