What's the oddest thing you have eaten?

by PopeOfEruke 119 Replies latest social physical

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Faggots are vile!

• daystar
    daystar

OFG

prolly them several thousand micrograms of LSD back in '92...

Right there with ya. Same year even.

Let's see. Poppers (whole, baby octopi), frog legs, escargo, rattlesnake, gator tail, crawfish (is that even odd?)... when I was a kid, cat food...

• daystar
    daystar
    Or faggots and mushy peas with gravy (this may need explaining for our US friends).

Please do. I can't imagine eating fire logs... or cigarettes...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL daystar! I don't remember much of 1992 either! And the faggots are not to be confused with fags (brit slang for ciggies). They are basically a big meat ball of minced offally meat with onion and the idea makes me feel sick. The were produced by a company in the UK caleld Brains - hence Brain's Faggots and they look just like a cooked brain in gravy. Oh god I am literally gagging now! There is virtually nothing I will not eat - that includes you - but not faggots and not stewed dumplings either.

Mushy peas are just processed peas mashed into a bulbous bile green sauce and are quite nice really. My local gourmet pub does an exquisite pea compote with mint in a light green creamy sauce to go on fish and its YUM!

• daystar
    daystar

Not to divert this thread into a linguistic study, but...

And the faggots are not to be confused with fags (brit slang for ciggies).

I thought "fags" were short for "faggots". ?? I guess I've not watched nearly as much BBC or PBS as I'd thought.

There is virtually nothing I will not eat - that includes you - but not faggots and not stewed dumplings either.

You know I can't let that go. Well, the feeling is mutual. But wait, stewed dumplings? I'm thinking steamed dumplings and they're probably different than what you are talking about, but, why, yummy!

alt

Mushy peas are just processed peas mashed into a bulbous bile green sauce and are quite nice really. My local gourmet pub does an exquisite pea compote with mint in a light green creamy sauce to go on fish and its YUM
    Hmm, that doesn't sounds all that appealing to me, but if you say so, I'll bet it's divine!
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

Daystar - I can think of ways of making you like my mushy pea compote - its all in the serving of it my dear!

Those dumplings looked marginally nicer than the last one i had in 1980- and yes i do remember that from when I was 5 - in fact most of my memories have a food or drink attached to them ... wonder what freud would say!

(crumpet of the breastfed until usurped at 3 and a half by younger sibling class!)

• daystar
    daystar
    I can think of ways of making you like my mushy pea compote - its all in the serving of it my dear!

No doubt about it.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Boar Fetus, I didn't know it till after dinner. I was in Toledo Spain.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

wordly andre, that reminds me of an old joke.

What's pink and runs around a tennis court? Foetus Gerulaitis.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Phew!After reading all that think i feel a bit sick now glad i'm a veggie!Mind you most people think i'm mad liking my favourite food-mushy pea fritters, in a bread roll yum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit