• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

In the final analysis, it's family.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Rocco talks me out of it.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

The bad and the good is all part of life. Life's not pointless just because you seem to juggle more difficulties than other people do. It makes the good times so much better.

Not every day is going to be exciting, I have to lower my expectations a little bit and then I don't feel so disappointed by the blah days.

Living in the moment helps, too. Not concentrating on lost time, lost opportunities, or worrying about the future, but just being here now, and getting the most out of it - being present.

I rarely think about suicide anymore. I did think about it quite often while I still believed in the JW religion. So there. Leaving the faith doesn't make you miserable. In your face JWs!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

My kids for starters. I can't imagine my two daughters growing up without a mom.

Then I think about my husband. He'd be really, really ticked off for leaving him alone to raise two daughters. Plus he would wonder if it was his fault, plus he already had a brother do that some years back.

Then once I'm through those things...

I get too darned stubborn and realize that I am just not going to give up that easy. Life throws ya lemonade and what do you do?????

Add some raspberry Smirnoff and roll a doob. :)

BSoM

• damselfly
    damselfly

LMAO @ GGBG

You rock hun!

Dams

• frozen one
    frozen one

After reading my flip response, I reread the original post. You said:

something inside of me mentions the suicide option

If you are really having suicidal thoughts, you need to seek out help now. Look in the Yellow Pages under mental health and go see a professional. There is a huge difference between having a bad day and saying, "I feel like killing myself" versus having repeated thoughts about ending it all.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Mangoes

• daystar
    daystar

Mango?

• poppers
    poppers
    When your demons pop up and remind you that you aren't obligated to keep on living, how do you dismiss them?

By seeing those thoughts for what they are: just thoughts. That's all they are, thoughts. I am not my thoughts, I am that which notices thought. I am not the thinker, I am that in which thinking appears. I am not my emotions, I am that in which emotions arise. These statements I am making are not based on beliefs but on what is actually seen to be true when investigated.

• breeze
    breeze

I have many down days. The thing is the waiting. knowing I am going to die. The suspense is just almost too much to bear. When in the org I thought the end of my days was not.

The problem I have is also that I have so much in the near future that will hurt i ncredibly , the death of my parents and the potential loss of kids / grandkids /sibilings. I see people much younger that me die with out any warning.

I don't want to feel these painful things, and consider taking my own life very often, sometimes more that once a day.

I live a very good life, financially better than most Americans, and have time for golf and fishing and other things that I love. I travel almost every month to some great place, and spend time doing the things that I love. The suspense is getting to me.

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit