Called JR Brown regarding Cano Pedophile situation

by LDH 350 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scully
    Scully

Lisa

You did a great job!!!

I hope you get another opportunity to interview good ol' JR Brown soon.

I'd love to hear his response to questions like:

In the event that Mr. Cano returns to the JW faith and is allowed to be a member again, how will children in the congregation be protected from having contact with him? Particularly if the conditions of his release from prison include staying away from children?

And what about him going around into neighbourhoods - where there are children - to participate in the door-to-door ministry? How does the organization deal with this? Even if there is someone accompanying him in the door-to-door ministry, isn't it possible that he could go independently, without the knowledge of people who are supposed to be supervising him?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

http://www.wtmedia.org/jrbrown-interview-1.wma

http://www.wtmedia.org/jrbrown-interview-2.wma

these are jourles links.. if you want to email it around!

i'm listening now.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LDH!! you asked " spirit inspired OR directed" and he answered NO .. i was afraid the word " directed" hadn't been used but it was..you are GOOD!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

about 15 min he says that "Jehovah exposes things in his time...and this time it took a long time to come to light" speaking of canos activities.. that to me sounds like they know of more incidences in the past.

• sir82
    sir82

Good job.

There's all kinds of questions I'd love to follow up on. I'd love to try to pin him down on what exactly is the difference between "spirit inspired" and "spirit-directed"?

"By their fruits you shall know them". Well and good....what kind of "fruits" (no pun intended) are produced by an organization that must expel, by his own admission, 50 to 60,000 persons per year? And those are just the "unrepentant" ones, right? How many more are "put on trial" but not expelled due to their repentence?

Let's go back to the procedure you outlined for a "disfellowshipping" procedure. You mentioned 3 elders, witnesses for and against the accused, and so on. Your organization prides itself on strictly following the Bible, correct? What Biblical texts are those procedures based on?

I'm sure I could come up with many more.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow, this is so neat. You did a great job, trying to get him to say things. He is sure a company man, but I see some real changes in their views from when we were active 10 years ago.

He really doesn't want to say they believe they are the only ones, does he? He trips all over himself not saying it outright.

• McKafka99
    McKafka99

(quote correction in A: portion....sorry)

Perhaps a bit rhetorical to ask but.... How does the following at 19:33 - 20:11 :

Q: Does God speak through other religions ....or is it only through the Jehovah's Witness Organization?

A: No..no...It's not even true of us today. Because none of us today are inspired. We dont feel there's anyone in our organization that is inspired or anybody elses. We feel what's inspired is already written down.

...work with the idea of the FDS?? Are we to conlude that Jesus, in 1918, chose an organization NOT inspired by God at the exclusion of all others? That God does NOT speak through the FDS? That the literature being published is NOT inspired by God? As was posted earlier, doesn't this fly in the face of everything they have claimed/published to date?

I could go on and on. This interview is priceless!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    A: No..no...It's not even true of us today. Because none of us today are inspired. We dont feel there's anyone in our organization that is inspired or anybody elses. We feel what is already inspired is already written down.

So where does new light come from? An altered interpretation of what was interpreted previously? How thin is this reasoning?

It begs the question: If not inspired, then what "truth" do they have?

• Emma
    Emma

So, God took a long time to clear this up, and he used the government to do it. Doesn't make any sense, does it?

• Emma
    Emma

Any photos of JR Brown?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit