Called JR Brown regarding Cano Pedophile situation

by LDH 350 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Warlock
    Warlock

LDH: I never would have known you were in the Org., because of the way you phrased the questions. That was really good work.

Leo: Thank you for the transcript, because there is really nowhere I can listen in privacy.

Warlock

• glitter
    glitter

This guy cannot *still* be a believing JW, surely... *I* could parrot "reasoning" as well as he does. He must be wrestling with enormous cognitive dissonance every day, *surely*!

Number 1 candidate to make a high-profile exit? Or is he a tosser? Anyone here who knew him in real life?

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for pounding out that transcript, Leolaia. I've been spending over an hour trying to figure out WHY this .wav file gives me so many troubles (I haven't had troubles opening other audio or video files at all).

Even as the people in the time of Noah did, those who finally didn't line up with what God's prophet was stating then, and that was Noah, they didn't survive. They were lost in the Flood. So likewise in our day and time; we feel that people who are not living according to what is stated there. And everybody can read God's Word, the Bible. And it's up to them whether they choose to apply it or not. But they will be judged not by us but by God. We can point out his standard, we can read it and show it to them. He's the Judge, we can't read hearts.

Ahem, I believe that it was admitted to in the 1954 Scottish court that a person with a Bible and without the publishings of the WTS could NOT understand the scripture properly or be saved.

ATTORNEY: Is there any hope of salvation for a man who depends upon his Bible alone when he is in a situation in the world where he cannot get the tracts and publications of your Incorporation?

F.FRANZ: He is dependent upon the Bible.
    ATTORNEY: Will he be able to interpret it truly?

F.FRANZ: No.

Another interesting comment from Brown:

B. Yeah, if we knew of it and did nothing about it, but tried to hide him or transfer him say down to Puerto Rico, or something like that, then we would be guilty as an organization because the Bible is clear that you should remove what is bad from your midst.

But according to the Pay Attention to the Flock book that poster Richie Rich discovered, elders who have had a history of molesting can have their records destroyed. There are scans of the handwritten notes in the margins on Dannyhaszard.com (for lurkers to investigate if they will).

Thanks again, Lisa--and Leolaia.

bebu

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Wow, Lisa...I just finished listening to the call. Listening to it really drove his words home.

"Terminology, Not Inspired, etc..." I kind of felt like we all got a smack in the face from his statements!

Leolaia: Thank you so much for the transcript!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Excuse me, Brother Brown, but I was lead to believe that the WTS was "God's Sole Channel" in dispensing "spiritual food" at the "proper time" to mankind at this "time of the end" and I was supposed to get out of all other religions, because they made up the Harlot called "Babylon the Great" in the Book of Revelation?

I also thought the "faithful and discreet slave" that Jesus talked about was in your Organization. Was I not lead to believe that, or maybe I was just "reading too much into" what I was taught.

Brother Brown, I think if this interview appeared in one of your magazines, the "sheep" would be shocked.

I know I would! As a matter of fact, I'm still shocked about what you said. "Why", you might ask? Because that's not what you taught me!

Warlock (sheared sheep)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perhaps brother brownnose didn't know that his words would become a permanent record somewhere. Perhaps he thought that they would work as damage control today, and be forgotten tomorrow. 'Course, the wt leadership can always demote or otherwise negatively treat him to give the impression that he screwed up, thus giving the wt deniability for any inconvenient thing that he may have said. Just two thoughts.

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Interesting how he misquotes the scripture:

Yes, we'll have it perfectly, because if you look over the years we've made adjustments and changes as we found out better. And that's really in harmony with the Scriptures, "the light of truth gets brighter and brighter," more and more progressive.

The scripture in fact says: "But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established" (NW). So in fact he was not quoting the scriptures. What was was remembering as "scripture" was the mantra found in Watchtower publications:

*** w95 9/1 p. 26 "Love Never Fails" ***

The light of truth is getting brighter and brighter.

*** w95 5/15 p. 21 par. 1 Part 2—Flashes of Light—Great and Small ***

THE Bible book of Revelation has intrigued Christians from early times. It provides a fine example of how the light of truth grows ever brighter.

*** km 12/86 p. 7 par. 5 Benefiting More From the Theocratic Ministry School ***

Remember, the light of truth continues to get brighter. Our understanding of it gets clearer and clearer.

*** w81 12/15 p. 26 par. 17 Zealous for "the Work of the Lord" ***

As the light of truth grows ever brighter, how happy we should be to remain "unmovable" in our association with the Master’s ‘faithful slave’!

*** w74 9/15 p. 571 par. 19 "Continue Observing His Commandments" ***

While the darkness of the world grows more dense, the light of truth from the Word of God grows brighter.

*** w61 4/1 p. 208 par. 1 Patience and Endurance ***

As one looks forward to the new world he can enjoy the spiritual riches that Jehovah is showering upon his people as the light of truth becomes brighter and brighter.

*** w61 2/1 p. 77 par. 3 Keep on the Watch as Sons of Light ***

In contrast to this, Jehovah God is letting the light of truth shine brighter and brighter as he reveals his purposes to sincere men and women who look to his Word for enlightenment.

It is telling how Mr. Brown regards a statement found in Watchtower literature as a "scripture" from the Bible. The two must not be really that far apart in his mind.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is all just a fantastic example of how the Society speaks out of one side if their mouth with the public and out of the other side with their followers. Remember, they condone lying if it is to "protect the flock." Aparently, they give JR Brown full reign in saying whatever he needs to say in order to keep a legitimate facade for the media.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

this is incredible. I was telling blackman about this and I forgot when we were at bethel J.R. brown used to grip an infinity. He reminded me of this, I guess perks like that help you to deal with the cognitive disonance.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Bebu: elders who have had a history of molesting can have their records destroyed.

The exact verbage is more like: BEFORE being appointed as an Elder, any records will be destroyed.

As you can see there is a big difference. While both are covering up molesting, the latter gives the Brother a chance for reformation and forgiveness.

Personally I say Eff 'em but that's why I'm on the outside

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit