Do you love/care for people here?

by lonelysheep 75 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Yes! I do love and care about everyone here. Even the ones that I don't agree with.

Even the ones who mean me harm. I know what it is like to be locked into so much legalism, even though I have never been a JW personally. The rituals and the outward appearances take over as the "god" we worship, rather than accepting the simplistic reality of our salvation. Or lack there-of.

Since I quit concentrating on being "religious" and started really studying and following Jesus, my walk has not always been easy, but it has been peaceful and the relationship I now have with the Father and His Son are most fullfilling! I pray that same revelation for everyone here and I praise Yahweh for those of you who have already found the Lord and are spreading the Word!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    You do? Thought you didn't like me.

I would hate the idea of anything bad happening to you. I can hold a pissy debate with you all day, that doesn't mean I wish bad. Disagreeing doesn't mean a lack of caring.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

BINGO! I find, there is way more love and concern here, than there ever was at the kingdom hall.

Spot on!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

This forum is a blessing to my life in more ways than I can count. I know that I am loved. I have seen it in action. People on this forum have responded in RL to my needs in ways I couldn't expect from my blood relatives. I feel safer here than anywhere else in my life, although I am working to change my life so this won't be true anymore. Here, I feel understood and wanted. I feel respected and appreciated.

And even if I didn't, I would still feel that for the people who post.

You have triumphed over a serious stumbling block and are living life now, instead of slaving now while waiting for life to be made nice for you later. Or you are struggling to reach that point. Or you are still trapped by that thinking, still waiting for the rantings of a confessed drunkard (Rutherford) to prove true soon. Or you never were trapped by this religion yourself and you are reaching into this dark void to help strangers or to gain understanding for helping someone you know.

What happens here is amazing to me. LeftBehind, crazies, myself and so many others have benefitted from having a release, a vent, a place to learn where to start looking, assurance that we are not alone in finding the teachings out of sync with reality, a shocking dip into the reality that existed outside of JW life, an opportunity to interact in a more real world way with others whose opinions are not ruled by the latest Questions From Readers article, where a certain magazine saying something does not make it true.

For all of these reasons and many more, I love and care for people here.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• anewme
    anewme

Yes I do.
    I left the board and bade everyone adeiu only weeks ago, hoping that by it I might end some pain I carry.
    But all I did was think about you all and miss the comfort from our conversations.
    The scars and repercussions from having been a JW for so long are indelibly etched in our personalities in a way that makes it difficult for others outside to understand us and what we've been through.

I am sorry for having said goodbye and I dont think I'll be creating such drama again.
    I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to contribute here and continue to heal.

Anewme

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've been a Wednesday's child all my life. I just never seem to fit, not in the org, not the "world". I keep thinking there must be a place i fit. I have found a few souls here with which I feel bonded, others well, I don't seem to have been able to connect with But I do care very much about the people who post here, and hope that whatever life experiences I have can help someone else. I know othes life experiences have affected me greatly. i too have thought of puternt. I think of how sad he must have been to reach that point. I have been there. I hope we all contiue to be here for each other, b/c sometiems this is all we have.

weds

• trevor
    trevor

anewme

Glad you stayed around.

How did all these people get in my room?

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I would hate the idea of anything bad happening to you. I can hold a pissy debate with you all day, that doesn't mean I wish bad. Disagreeing doesn't mean a lack of caring.

Aww that's really sweet of you.

thanks

blessedstar

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes, i do love and care for you all. I don't have many people beyond here that I can interact with at length (not that I'm much use at that lol!) and I know that you folks care about me - that means a lot to me

wednesday - (((hugs))) from another wednesday's child

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've been a Wednesday's child all my life.

Me, too, Wednesday, me, too. I'm pretty sure Andy is also a Wednesday child. It would have helped if I had been granted sane parents. Yeah and then they'd have induced my labor to make me come on Sunday. That's the ticket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit