Do you love/care for people here?

by lonelysheep 75 Replies latest jw friends

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Once I never would have thought it possible to experience real support & compassion on a message board. How wrong I was.. Not only have many of you been there for me when I needed it, but I have also had a long-missed opportunity to give of myself by helping one or two in particular (via personal messages back & forth) who were themselves experiencing real distress. One day I hope to be able to help, in some way, anyone & everyone here that might need it.

I was contemplating suicide again in the weeks prior to coming here. The terrible agony & loneliness of not belonging (& not wanting to belong) in the Organization, combined with never finding my place in the world at large, was getting to be too much to bear. While things are still difficult, I am very glad now that I did not make that decision.

I love you all,

DesertRat

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

This, and another site, are my lifelines. It's taken awhile to open up. I'm still working on that one, too. But when I'm not on here for a day or two, I can't stand it. You all are closer to me than most of my family.

I love you all, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it!!

shelley

• mouthy
    mouthy

I love you all, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it!!

shelley

We dont want to do anything about we just want to soak up the LOVE!!!!!

• kazar
    kazar

Yes, I do. I love all of you and have more in common with you all than my best friend. I always feel a loss when anyone leaves the board.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So much so I keep coming back

Actually I'm only here for the poker... honestly...

Oh, and the fly-swatters...

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Actually, what i really feel for a lot of peeps on here (it wouldn't be appropriate for all of them, you understand) is what I felt when my kids were young and we had a thunderstorm.

I'd like to hug them and tell them it was all OK, nothing was going to hurt them.

For some of the hot babes this would only be a preliminary, you understand.

Joe, of the usually platonic supportive class but easily tempted ...

• loosie
    loosie

I am fond of lots of people here. I miss them when they don't post. I admire some as well. And can relate to the pain they are feeling. I hope to relate to the joy they are feeling as well.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

What can I add to what's been said already?
    Yes, I love and care very much for you.
    VG
    (from a tribe between two worlds)

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

You guys are all AMAZING, I love you all! You have helped me in my journey to find who I truely am, outside of the WTS cult, your informative posts have taught me so much, your wacky ones have brought a smile to my face many times, our outrage at the WTS neverending stupidity is always entertaining and they keep it coming. THANK YOU SIMON for making this possible for all of us! We are all an amazing bunch, there are people here who are Christians, Atheists, Catholics, Wiccans, Deists and other's I can't think about now, yet although we don't always agree, in the end we share a common bond and come together anyway!

I don't always post, but you better believe that my morning coffee is accompanied by reading on this board and seeing what you guys are up to. Love and Light to ALL!!!

IC

• Fleur
    Fleur

Brigid, your comment about being between worlds was perfect...exactly how I feel! It's like we've all served in a war together and you can't explain to people who haven't lived it what it's like to, say, be shunned by your family or have nightmares about pictures from the Paradise book. You just can't explain it.

I was contemplating suicide again in the weeks prior to coming here. The terrible agony & loneliness of not belonging (& not wanting to belong) in the Organization, combined with never finding my place in the world at large, was getting to be too much to bear. While things are still difficult, I am very glad now that I did not make that decision.

DesertRat, I too am so glad you didn't do that ((((((((DR))))))) Your post makes me shudder, because I have friends who did make that choice and it breaks my heart still. This is why I still post here.

People sometimes have to leave...but I say if you can find a way to hang around then you can really help people who are at the starting point of the journey you're a little further down the road on. I can't believe how many newbies we have lately, and it amazes me. I've been here five years (old username included) and I can't believe how much progress so many people have made.

Yes, I truly care about people here. I cry with you, I cheer with you when you do something like stand up to bullying JW relatives or graduate college or find happiness in life...I find myself thinking about people here when I'm away from the computer with concern for those struggling with the early stages and with gratitude for those who have helped me. I just hope that I can help a little in return.

hugs

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit