Do you love/care for people here?

by lonelysheep 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    So much so I keep coming back

Actually I'm only here for the poker... honestly...

Oh, and the fly-swatters...

Ah- LT at his most truthful moment.

And Van Gogh- a mental note to self***He is a tribe member**Might like body paint..

• serendipity
    serendipity

It's amazing how people can grow to care for others they've never met. Sometimes though it's emotionally overwhelming reading the heartbreaking honesty here that goes beyond what you'd normally hear in conversation.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't know how anyone could think of it in terms of posts not people when we have all come from the same places and gone through so much common hurt. How can you not sit there and applaud the 17 year old that writes a DA letter, or the 25 year old that falls in love and is free to follow his or her heart, or the person who finally stands up for who they are? Common bonds are what it means to be human and I think this board more than anything is representative of that.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I normally don't respond to the "relationship" threads but I must admit I have grown to enjoy many of you although you may not detect it! Most fun is actually meeting some of you and personally getting to know you as something more than a catchy avatar or a well turned phrase. My wife doen't understand why I log on so often even if I'm not posting. Funny....I don't even know ...

carmel

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Hahaha, Granny Mouthy called some of yous peoples Little Monkeys! and you're gonna get a spankin! Seriously, I feel very fond of the dudes and dudettes on the board. Nobody else understands what it was like to grow up an elder's kid, not even my husband. He just shakes his head when I tell him I used to try to read my school lessons under the streetlight at eleven o'clock at night,out in the parking lot, while Dad was lingering in an elder's meeting. See, education wasn't important, cuz Armageddon was scheduled for October of 1975. But you guys understand.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a year ago i'd probably have answered differently.but when putternut died by his own hand and it just was sooo sad,even though i'd just read and responed to a few of his posts, i realized how much i care about everyone here. i want you all to succeed in getting past the pain being a jw or being associated with jw's have caused you. i hope the same thing for myself.

i hope no one ever gets to the point of despair that putternut and many others have. because there ARE people who care.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes. I wouldn't have been here nearly three years and posted as much I have if I didn't. I have made at least one good friend/pen pal here. I have two other good friends I met at Women Awake. One of them posts here, SunnyGal. I was able to meet her in person last winter. I think I fell while wading through the snow to her apartment. I have OrangeFatCat's pic on my fridge. She's one of the most beautiful souls on this planet.There are a lot of you I like and find comforting, amusing and informative. I care about everyone, even people I don't always agree with.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I want to say that one of the few good things about Jehovah's Witnesses is the brother/sister bond we developed. The brothers would love it if they could keep all dfed/da'd people from associating with each other. But they can't. We still enjoy that bond of brother/sisterhood. We don't call each other brother and sister any longer. It's just there though. Admit it, all of you. That's right, we're all still like family.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Do you walk away from your screen feeling like no one here cares about you for the same reasons?

Yep! I think they don't like me because. . . you know. I've got this stupid song I sing when I'm feeling low, which goes: "Sometimes, I feel like a motherless child"

My husband, usually, asks me what's up?

You start wondering about the purpose of life. Life is a beach and then you die. Yeah, I can get really low sometimes.

Well, I gonna say "these three words" (Stevie Wonder's song)... I love you... All, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Whatever you're feeling like that/this day!

People make the world go round.

Wasn't that just pukey love sounding!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Speaking of which, when I was going through my really rough period in life last month (I still am going through that rough period) many people on this board helped me. I didn't know I had so many people looking out for me until that one fateful day. And a few people from this board are still helping me in the longest summer of my life.

-Lee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit