Just announced- WMDs found in Iraq

by Gregor 135 Replies latest members politics

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Gregor writes:

I think there are a lot of frustrated XJWs that have found another fantasy to embrace that makes them feel better about themselves.

I think this rhetorical tactic is a case of "equalizing before the other team scores."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I sure heard a lot about "mushroom clouds" back in 2002 and 2003. Coulda swore that Iraq being a nuclear threat was a BIG part of the equation.

Hey, talking about mushroom clouds, what's this about North Korea? Heard they got a neato missile that can blow up my front lawn. I do remember wondering back in 2002 if the "mushroom cloud" threat was posed more by North Korea or other countries than Iraq. Guess I was sure wrong. Much better to put our resources to getting rid of Saddam because of his nuclear threat because the world is better off without Saddam's regime.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

But wasn't the pitch for the Iraq War about removing nukes and biological weapons? Sarin and mustard gas? So the "Coalition of the Willing" saved the free world from sarin and mustard gas???? That WASN'T what the pro-war media scared the public with before the Invasion of Iraq.

Why didn't Bush have the foresight to yank Shoko Asahara's beard when his cult gassed the Japanese subway?

Does the "M" in WMD stand for "mini" in this instance?

INQ

• oldflame
    oldflame

This is just another tactic brought on by Fox news and the Bush Administration to build up poll ratings. Remember folk elections are coming and they will do anything they can get their dirty little hands on to control the house this November.

And for all of you who say the US did not supply weapons to Iraq ? I'm sorry but the whole world knows that one. It's been a knowledge for years. Get a Grip you right wingers...........

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Leo

I think your hunch about N Korea is right on the money. If N Korea didn't have armed nukes, the Cowboys would have ridden into that country a long long time ago to "bring freedom to those people", wouldn't you say? Unless of course, the cowboys aren't as altruistic as they would have us believe and the real reason they haven't bothered is that there is no rich OIL RESERVES in NKorea.

INQ

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey, talking about mushroom clouds, what's this about North Korea? Heard they got a neato missile that can blow up my front lawn.

It's some scary stuff, no doubt. We should stop spending money on Iraq and put more money into our ground-based interceptor missile-defense system. Of course national defense isn't as exciting to the Bush administration as is the national offensive we're currently engaged in towards Iraq. Funny, I read on the news today that troops will be moved from S Korea to Iraq. What in the hell is going on? N Korea is the one we've always needed to be watching--not Iraq.

I went on line today to try to locate a fallout shelter just in case all hell breaks loose. I couldn't find a scrap of information regarding where they are or how well stocked they are.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The Bush bashers will continue to deny the truth. After all, why let the facts get in the way?

Oh come on, if there was even a hint of truth to Gregor's allegations, Bush would be doing the Superior Dance all over the news and gloating like a two year old who just went poo poo in the potty.

This thread: can you spell D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N? We all heard this news scoop a long time ago. Why are you under the impression this is new?

You can dress a chimpanzee in a tux and he will still be a chimpanzee.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Leo

I think your hunch about N Korea is right on the money. If N Korea didn't have armed nukes, the Cowboys would have ridden into that country a long long time ago to "bring freedom to those people", wouldn't you say? Unless of course, the cowboys aren't as altruistic as they would have us believe and the real reason they haven't bothered is that there is no rich OIL RESERVES in NKorea.

Inq called it. The "cowboys" are really chicken shit bullies. No fun beating on somebody if they can beat your ass back. Funny how we tried to negotiate with the people who really do have WMD but trounced on a country that couldn't defend itself much less do us any harm.

• Robdar
    Robdar

This thread: can you spell D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N? We all heard this news scoop a long time ago. Why are you under the impression this is new?

Because Gregor get his news from the right wing propaganda machine known as Fox News. Hey Gregor, can you say "jingoistic yellow journalism?" I thought you could.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Missile defense is a new untested technology. Moreover, it works best with Soviet-type ICBMs with spin stabilization that are quite precise in their aim, because it has to project ahead of the missile in order to strike it. North Korea missiles are cruder and have much less precise aim....because of their variable wobble, they are much harder to hit in a missile defense system. At least that was the situation a few years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit