Just announced- WMDs found in Iraq

by Gregor 135 Replies latest members politics

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Key question, just for my own edification...

These were in Saddams possesion in violation of UN agreement.

...what legal entity is charged with the enforcement of UN Resolutions?

The reason I ask is, if someone violates the UN Charter to "uphold" a UN Resolution...it seems that the violator of the Charter is the more culpable party.

But, for glitter: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

There ya go. The Fox story cautions that some time will be required to determine to when the chemicals date. If this is from the pre-1991 era, then it is very likely from the very same batches that we gave to Saddam to use against Iran.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I just left CNN's website and there was no mention of it. What is your source, the Republican National website? Where these supposed weapons worth the lives of 2500 young Americans? You damn conservatives are obsessed with proving your little war legitimate, it's almost as disgusting as your never ending tirades against Bill Clinton; I guess back then it was ok to criticize the President?

• Leolaia
  • glitter
  • Leolaia
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

glitter....It's not that story. That one is two years old.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

This new story isn't the declassified version of the two-year-old story? Oh. Odd that the materials are the same as those reported two years ago, isn't it?

500 pre 91 shells, Sarin and Nerve gas.
  • glitter
    glitter

LOL so it is!

That forum is frightening!

I have Sky News on now, which is the UK counterpart of Fox News. But nothing.

• Robdar
    Robdar

from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

"Two people were treated for "minor exposure" after the sarin incident but no serious injuries were reported. Soldiers transporting the shell for inspection suffered symptoms consistent with low-level chemical exposure, which is what led to the discovery, a U.S. official told Fox News.

"The Iraqi Survey Group confirmed today that a 155-millimeter artillery round containing sarin nerve agent had been found," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt ( search ), the chief military spokesman in Iraq, told reporters in Baghdad. "The round had been rigged as an IED (improvised explosive device) which was discovered by a U.S. force convoy."

The round detonated before it would be rendered inoperable, Kimmitt said, which caused a "very small dispersal of agent."

However, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said the results were from a field test, which can be imperfect, and said more analysis was needed. If confirmed, it would be the first finding of a banned weapon upon which the United States based its case for war"

The weapon that exploded doesn't sound like much of a WMD to me.

BTW, didn't they call off the search for WMD last year?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Um...this is indeed the news report that was reported in 2004. It is simply the declassified version of the broadly publicized finding of pre-1991 munitions that contained Sarin and mustard gas.

The Administration locked down the reports almost immediately because it was NOT widely known that these munitions were from THE US for the purpose of use against Iran.

I just heard the Fox anchorwoman state that this is very OLD news, that these were found in late 2003. I am putting this one in the can as a desperate attempt to polarize and activate the electorate of a party who needs enthusiastic voter.

Gregor, where did you get that these were found 3 months ago? Just curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit