Just announced- WMDs found in Iraq

by Gregor 135 Replies latest members politics

• Robdar
    Robdar

Excuse me, is this a debate? I mistook it for Gregor getting his ass handed to him on a platter.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hillary, I apologize. I DID make the assumption you were a female. The name threw me. Reminds me of the elders school I attended. Quite randomly there was a table of four elders whose first names were - Carroll, Pearl, Clair and Lois. Not surprisingly they had all adopted nick names like Bob, or used a middle name.

Well, I'll be going now. You will all be receiving a bill from me for my therapy services in helping you get all the nastiness out of your system! Best to you and let's all keep working on slowing down the WTS.

• minimus
    minimus

You mean Hillary isn't awoman??

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Just announced- WMDs found in Iraq....

Damn, I coulda swore they annouced that, at least 4 years ago (or more)....

Hmmmmmmm....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think we're supposed to let this thread slide down into obscurity now... but it's a little hard to do with 6 pages of bullshit and counting. lol!!!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

I am a woman in sheeps clothing.

HS

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Fangorn The US actually participated in the Iran - Iraq war. Remember the USS Vincenze shot down an Iranian airbus with over 200 innocent civilians, just 6 months BEFORE Lockerbie?

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Dear Mr Forscher

Of course if you subscribe to the Iraq Body Count you'll probably have a quite modest Iraqi death toll for the invasion at less than 40,000. President Bush liked this theory and subscribed to it.

However that was only the deaths "reported" by western, i.e. English speaking international press. Needless to say, almost all deaths in the invasion, and most deaths since, are not reported, let alone investigated. If you look at real researchers who actively investigate the number of deaths, rather than merely reporting from western press, the figure may be as high as 300,000 Iraqi civilian deaths.

http://www.antiwar.com/jamail/?articleid=8850

Granted it's not Auschwitz yet, but for a young child dying from their injuries, or left injured with their family all killed that's hardly comforting. The reality is that neither Iraqi civilians, nor apparently even Saddam Hussein had anything to do with September 11, which by all reports was carried out by a CIA funded and trained terrorist organisation which cut it's teeth fighting the Russian communist army but which got off it's leash.

In regards to the genocide question, the US is playing with the lives of future generations of Iraqis by it's use of depleted uranium munitions. Apparently before serving in Iraq, US servicemen can store their sperm to safeguard against chemical and radiological contamination they may be exposed to - notably from Depleted Uranium, from their time in combat operations in Iraq. However the Iraqi people have no defence against this. It's so shamefully like the millions of victims of agent orange agent white, agent pink etcetera - dioxin contamination which afflicts present and future generations of Vietnamese.

Also in regards to genocide, why did the United States bomb their nuclear reactors, risking a Chernobyl type accident. If Al-Qaida did this to the US it would of course be terrorism. Why not in the case of Iraq. Surely it's at least as terrifying. And the bombing of water and sewerage supplies in the first gulf war, coupled with sanctions was admitted by Clinton's Secretary of State to have caused 500,000 children to die in Iraq, a price she said was worth it.

Dan

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Chairman Mao was simply a bandit who terrorised his way into power with Soviet support. But the Kuomintong was pretty terroristic too. They used to deal with drug users by mass execution - the footage is available too in an anti-death penalty film called I think "execution". But knowing the Chinese communist party has murdered so many millions, taxed many of them to death in fact, why does your government and mine recognise it and kowtow by not recognising the government of Taiwan. Could your government (and mine) not be as moral as they portray themselves as being.

No, saying that the US and Australia should withdraw from Iraq doesn't make me a leftie, nor does it mean I support Chairman Mao or most equal comrade Joseph Stalin. Of course Ho was not the murdering beast that Mao was and in fact the US supported Mao's protege Saloth Sar, aka Pol Pot brother number 1, for ten years after 1979 when the Vietnamese (communists) kicked the Khmer Rouge out of Cambodia.

Simply labelling everyone as commies does not help, since a more sophisticated analysis requires an actual understanding of real events, not just labels. Where for instance did you stand in relation to the Communist Chinese invasion of Communist Vietnam, in relation for Communist Vietnam invading Communist Cambodia to get rid of the evil Khmer Rouge regime? Do you support your governments decision to go along with China and condemn Vietnam, even punish it for that great humanitarian intervention? I suspect you do because from what I see I think you support your country, right or wrong, even when it changes it's mind.

So it was right and good to support Saddam and it was right and good to get rid of him too. Now that's confused.

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Greg I think you started this thread with an obvious furphy just to have some fun. However many people realise that innocents are being killed in Iraq including ordinary US citizens pulled out of their lives and thrust into a war zone. Many others are losing their consciences and their minds.

That's why they should be brought home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit