Just announced- WMDs found in Iraq

by Gregor 135 Replies latest members politics

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Robyn.

By the way, Gregor, the CD Wasteland of the Free was on was released in 1996.

• Robdar
    Robdar

By the way, Gregor, the CD Wasteland of the Free was on was released in 1996.

The paranoia of the extreme right.......It is becoming tiresome.

• oldflame
    oldflame

This whole idea that we can or are going to win the war on terrorism is about the biggest bunch of bullshit I ever heard. It is only said to appease the world. To make people feel better about our ways and means of killing people that some rich bastard doesn't like.

If anyone believes they can win the war on terror, well I guess you are interested in some beach front property in Colorado too.

The way to end terror is by leaving those people alone, allow them to believe the way they want (like we do) and quit trying to impose our ideologies on other countries. Beside terror is not the reason why we are in Iraq anyways. We are there for oil and revenge. After all I remember Bush saying on the television " Besides he tried to kill my dad"

As far as why have we not killed Osama Bin Laden ? Have you ever watched Fahrenheit 911 ? It was stated that the Bush family are friends and business companions. The bush family stands to loose millions of dollars in business trades if Bush kills Laden.

Gregor I have to ask you this one question. Are you still a christian after leaving the dubs ? Do you understand what it is to be a true christian ? The Lord taught us to love our enemies, after all is that not who Jesus went to to teach ? Now you might say well there were wars mentioned in the bible but one thing people tend to forget is that those wars were under Gods control with prophets with whom God spoke too. I don't believe that telling lies and deceiving people is a christian act of kindness. Now I am not saying that flying airplanes into tall buildings should be left alone, it is a crime and the perpetrators should pay for there crimes. We know full well Bin Laden is the chief leader in that act of murder and so we should go after the murderer.

As I understand it Saddam did not get along with Bin Laden and Laden was not allowed in Iraq and terrorism was also not in Iraq. You never heard one time about suicide bombers until after we went there to control that country. So who is really the terrorist ? Saddam or G.W. Bush ?

I would have to say the later. Do you realize that there are more innocent people in Iraq who lost there lives since we entered that country than all the Kurds Saddam killed ? And what about the torture that has been committed towards prisoners by our troops and obviously done with permission by Rumsfeld. Is that any different than that of saddam ? I hardly think so.

Bin Laden offered America a truce if we would leave Muslim countries. I find that a pretty good compromise considering that the war on terror will never be won and anyone who thinks it can be won is dumber than a box of rocks. All Bush wants is for Saddam to be dead and I think that after he is put to death then that is when we will pull out of Iraq. Bush is about one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever known and anyone who follows after his ideas is also a hypocrite. You see I believe that Love conquers all things bad because I am a christian and I believe in the laws and teachings of our Lord. I thank God that I am not one of those people haters like most Republicans are.

When I was living in Wyoming a couple of years ago I was attending a Baptist church. I was full of the Holy Spirit and feeling pretty good about life and myself but when I was told that I could not be a christian and be a democrat or even an independent, it was then I knew that there was no way by any means I could be a republican because of their judgemental ism. To be a true christian is to love and love again and to not be a hater of any people as God created all men to be equal in all means of life. That is not saying that I agree with all peoples means and ways of life, because I don't and I am not one to believe everything I hear either.

I don't believe this President and I believe that he will stand before his creator for the crimes against humanity he has instilled not only against Iraq but America too. He has no regard to respect for all people, he only wants what is good for his pocket and to leave a mark in history. And too all who do support his ways and means ? Well I feel sorry for them when judgement day comes and OH it will come !

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm frankly at a loss, Greg. You sound like you are recommending genocide of Muslims, in case some of them are terrorists. As though the war on terror would be over if that happened. As though terrorists are Muslims.

That is a cheap shot Auld soul and you know it. I don't believe I ever referred to the terrorists without qualifying them as "radical Islam" or "Fundamentalist Islam", those who are committed to a "Jihad" or Holy War against all who are not Muslims or even those who are Muslims who don't agree with them. They are the cult of death, it's what they believe in.

As I said before, liberals have no answers. They are stone throwers, not stone stackers. Demonize those who disagree. You can enjoy the luxury of seeing everything in perfect black and white because your just kibitzing anyway. Let others deal with the worlds real problems in all the shades of gray in between. You are comfortable with setting in the audience and booing. (By the way, these last few sentences also describe the appeal in being a Jehovahs Witness.)

Well, we're going around in circles here, pals. No surprise when your in a discussion area called "Politics"!

• vomit
    vomit

A poem I just wrote on the spot.

Every circle has a center,
    Every ass has a ....?

Care to fill in the blank gregor?

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I wouldn't trust FOX news as far as I can pee upwind. After all it's the 'news' source that contibuted in the scheme to steal the elections in both 2000 and 2004.

• minimus
    minimus

Is FOX NEWS #1???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    That is a cheap shot Auld soul and you know it. I don't believe I ever referred to the terrorists without qualifying them as "radical Islam" or "Fundamentalist Islam", those who are committed to a "Jihad" or Holy War against all who are not Muslims or even those who are Muslims who don't agree with them. They are the cult of death, it's what they believe in.

And...what? I'm sorry, but I don't know of any practical way to tell by looking that someone is a radical Islamist or a follower of fundamentalist Islam. Please take a few minutes and clarify how you distinguish between the different Islamists.

It wasn't intended as a cheap shot. It was intended as practical reality. The only way to elimate ALL radical Islamists with any degree of reliability is to eliminate ALL Islamists. At least, I will hold that view unless you can give some reasonable explanation of another way to do so.

I challenge you to explain HOW a war on terror can ever be won, I ask you two specific questions, and all you can do is come back with "Terrorists are horrible monsters!"

Hell, man, I KNEW that! The daughter of a member of our Board of Directors was killed on the second flight that flew into the WTC. KNOWING that means diddly squat. How to DEFEND against it means a hell of a lot. ATTACKING an unidentifiable enemy amongst their own people is a stupid way to go about this. RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS PROFILING is a GREAT way to go about this. I don't think anyone could successfully present a reasonable argument against profiling probable terrorists within our own country.

But what makes SENSE we don't do, and what DOESN'T make sense, we do. Go ahead and explain, man. I want to know where your head is at.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gregor,

There is something eerily fascinating about the simplistic rantings of bar-room politicians around closing time. I suspect it is because their frothing banality sounds so definite that it imbues a sense of security in their lazy, hazy audience. Problem is that Bush has tried that and it has not worked very well - both the drinking, and the commanding, simplistic rhetoric that is. Even he regrets the 'bring 'em on' phrase he used. Most people who boast any sort of brain cringed the moment he said it, not years later - did you? *

One of the reasons that Republicans seem to condemn any other viewpoint on these issues is their caim that no person is presenting a valid alternative - I note you try this same argument above. This is rather like the JW's defending the WTS when they hear a catalaogue of it's horrors by sneering, 'Well, what alternative do you have'.

The answer is normally in the subtle small print that goes unnoticed by those blind to the grey areas of life where most normal people live. Look again Gregor.

HS

* - Perhaps this to is what you mean by 'just announced'. It would go a long way to clearing up the faux pas in the title of your thread.

PS - Apologies for the formatting issues.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Go ahead and explain, man. I want to know where your head is at."

Delusions and illusions are awfully hard to "explain," arn't they? That's why Gregor resorts to the same rhetoric over and over. But alas, Gregor was right, we will get nowhere in this forum. Arguing on the Internet is just about as productive as banging your head against the wall in order to comb your hair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit