Saturday District Convention notes: Don't research JW's online!!!!

by truthseeker 94 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    Microsoft did use "Where do you want to go today?" at one point.

I know they did. You can't make this shit up!

Wednesday, thank you. I can't get over how quickly something so mundane could be so quickly demonized. She also recalled that the red light blinked and it looked like eyes.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey thanks for the news. What a weird convention, are they running out of cautionary tales or something? Talk about pick the most obscure story in the book

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, they did this drama topic in 1974 at the DC...I wonder if it had anything to do with 1975 being on the horizon?

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

My JW hubby came from the meeting yesterday and told me the end could be within "hours". I heard the same thing at the KH last week.

Yup. Uh. Huh.

With false expectation comes dashed hopes. The WTBTS may be hedging their bets this time, blondie.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I don't know of any witnesses that have a computer and aren't on the net. Dub emails circulate the country as fast as lightning.

Many young witnesses are going into computer networking and such for their vocation.

I think a lot of dubs use the net for communication with other dubs and their families. Quite a few use it for homework and studying.

I've met dubs who are wary of the internet and cautious with its use but they don't demonize it or hide from it. They view it like cable tv, something with a lot of nice stuff but some bad stuff to be watchful of too.

The net will the WTs undoing.

I appreciate your sacrifice truthseeker.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks for comments everyone.

Yeah, they know they're doomed! Why advertise negative talk on the GB in an Internet demo?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

District Convention alert! Don't google JW news alerts

SIDE NOTE: The mention of searching for JW news articles on the Internet AND the mention of the brother finding NEGATIVE TALK ABOUT THE GOVERNING BODY is the FIRST example I have ever heard given of what a witness could find on the Internet about JW's and not just the usual "half-truths and apostate lies" mentioned.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=jehovah+witness Click JW google news for Jehovah Witness at this very moment EVERY SELF-RESPECTING ACTIVIST BOOKMARK THESE LINKS check often and sign up for the news alerts via email from google and respond & reply to articles

alt

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=jehovah&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d http://search.msn.com/news/results.aspx?FORM=MSNH&q=jehovah Yahoo! News http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=jehovah%20&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&x=wrt TIP-USE THE SINGULAR JEHOVAH KEYWORD AND NOTE THAT 90% OF THE CRITICAL NEWS WILL BE FROM GOOGLE The reason for using the single Jehovah keyword is this will cover everything, about 15% will be irrelevant to us (other religions use the Jehovah name)

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Hello truthseeker,
    Thanks for posting this stuff and enduring three torturous days (GB is twisting scriptures and doctrines in order to lead peoples' minds to their side of thinking. When I just sit through it piece by piece, day by day, it doesn't really sink in how wrong they are, but taking a step back and seeing the whole, really puts things into perspective.
    Keep up the fine work!

..truth.ceeker..

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, truth.ceeker. I totally agree with you. Thanks to truthseeker's work, I've got the entire convention covered, and I can pick and choose which parts I'll stay awake for.

I think truthseeker has a fan...

• blondie
    blondie

jgnat, the WTS has been hedging their bets since 1879. I'm sure I'm not the only JW who has heard the "hours" hedge. I wonder how many JWs at that meeting went out in field service that afternoon know that only "hours" remained to preach to the lost sheep....? I wonder if the vast majority signed up to auxiliary pioneer in July after the KM statement that there are 5 full weekends in that month?

The WTS talks out of both sides of its mouth...that what it is right no matter what happens.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit