Saturday District Convention notes: Don't research JW's online!!!!

by truthseeker 94 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

New release: Live With Jehovah's Day In Mind

The Day of Jehovah - A Vital Theme

pg 35

HOW DOES THAT DAY AFFECT YOU?

para 12

'But those prophets lived centuries ago,' someone might object. 'What do their messages about Jehovah's day have to do with me?' Granted,

those prophets lived many years before Jesus' birth, yet we should consider how their words about Jehovah's day are relevant in the 21st century.

What practical benefits can we derive from what they said about Jehovah's great day? There is a key to seeing the relevance and the

benefitting from their message. It is our recognizing that the prophets warned of Jehovah's day against Israel, Judah and the surrounding nations,

and certain world powers of the day. The point is, that such prophecies were fulfilled! The Assyrians did invade Samaria, Judah was desolated

in 607 B.C.E., and the surrounding hostile nations were soon devastated.

• juni
    juni

Thanks truthseeker for your post.

Jehovah is preparing us for a spiritual warfare by means of the daily text

They always pounded on us to read the daily text. I guess by adding more forceful words they feel it will move a person to be diligent in reading it w/their Wheaties in the morning.

And the one about finding those going off to the slaughter? Again, strong words to get people hyped up to listen.

It's the same stuff - ONLY listen to the Society as they have your best interests at heart. No one else has any intelligence to impart to you and besides they will sway you from the "road to ev. life". God forbid a person uses his mind. You are all so weak and teetering on the edge; you have to listen to us and obey or you will die.

Juni

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    'But those prophets lived centuries ago,' someone might object. 'What do their messages about Jehovah's day have to do with me?' Granted, those prophets lived many years before Jesus' birth, yet we should consider how their words about Jehovah's day are relevant in the 21st century. What practical benefits can we derive from what they said about Jehovah's great day? There is a key to seeing the relevance and the benefitting from their message. It is our recognizing that the prophets warned of Jehovah's day against Israel, Judah and the surrounding nations, and certain world powers of the day. The point is, that such prophecies were fulfilled! The Assyrians did invade Samaria, Judah was desolated in 607 B.C.E., and the surrounding hostile nations were soon devastated. (p. 35)

Great! So where are the prophecies against the nations of North Korea and the United States of America in such books as Joel or Nahum or Obadiah? I must've overlooked the reference.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

:45 Maintain a Three-fold cord in Marriage

Lot of marriages failing among Jehovah's people - divorce brought up almost any time there are big problems.
    Loved this one, when this was announced my side partner said "I guess that's why brother xxxxx, just left the convention after fighting with sister yyyyyy"....... "i guess there's alot of love on the marriages in the congo"

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

hey leolaia:
    question: Does *anyone* else think the minor prophets are being fulfilled (have direct fulfillment) today?
    -silent

• juni
    juni

silentWatcher, hi

To answer your question, do you mean in a typical or antitypical way?? lol

U. of Madison is out. What do you do for work in summer?

Juni

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Truthseeker,

I wonder if the 10:00 Symposium on those “staggering to the slaughter” includes the low-hour publisher? In other words, he better develop a “sense of urgency” or he’ll be classed with those “staggering” ones! And what’s this stuff about “pioneers look so happy?” Oh yea, right! What kind of dope are they passing out now?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

God, truthseeker, how do you do it?

How do you handle the PAIN?

How do you handle wave after wav of NAUSEA?

We thank you for your sacrifice!

"We vomit so that you don't have too!"

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks truthseeker!

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

thanks for these notes truthseeker.

I couldn't sit through it anymore. The last CA we went to (just for show) we did loooong lunches and skipped all day Sunday. sick kids, ya know?

I can't believe they tell you not to look up JW's on the internet! Can anyone say "defensive manuver?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit