What are you reading?

by damselfly 89 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hello All! Right now I am in the middle of a bunch of books. I will start from first purchased to last. All have equally neglected. I have been to busy. Therefore the first book is:

Learn to Relax -C Eugene Walker (13 ways to reduce tension)

The Kamasutra for Women (The modern woman's way to sensual fulfillment and health)- Vinod Verma

Anna Karenina-Leo Tolstoy

Memoirs of a Geisha-Arthur Golden

Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sadaris

Teach Yourself Photoshop CS (in 24 hours)-Carla Rose

US Constitution-Taken from the Blessings of Liberty-Michael Les Benedict

Digital Photography (All you need to know)-Michael Wright

Knights of the Black Cross (Hitler's Panzerwaffe and Its Leaders)-Bryan Perrett

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Memoirs of a Geisha-Arthur Golden

Nina loved it, and had Jennie read it as well. She said you really need to read the book to understand the film.

For some reason, "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" has always stuck with me. Not an easy read. Haunting is a good word for it.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Tex- I thought the same and having purchased the book, I had to set it aside due to workload. I finally was so anxious that I watched the movie. But I am still working thru the book. I always like the books better, but I did boohoo at the movie. Sssshhhh. Dont tell!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well it's a sad story. Don't apologize, I'm a notorious weeper at movies. I bawled my eyes out at "Saving Private Ryan".

>looks around for something manly to do<

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Tex-Your funny! I say you might try...burp...toot...scratch a$$..pinch Cruzanheart on the toosh and then wink at her...you will feel so manly fast. If that fails down a beer and smash can on head! Texas style!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I've got 5 books going right now, but I'll add #6 - Da Vinci Code.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

For Intensity:

Still Life of Crows - Preston & Child

Cabinet of Curiosity - Preston & Child

Brimstone - Preston & Child (This one wasn't as intense but had some really interesting research on the Stratovarius violins)

Dance of Death - Preston & Child

Digital Fortress - Dan Brown

Dean Koontz is also good for intensity. Though I would recommend his audio books for long trips. The stories really keep you awake.

Starting to read:

Dante's Inferno

A Novel Ireland - Frank Delaney

And Kathleen Woodweiss is a decent romance novelist. But I only read that when I am really looking for something that I can put down.

One of my favorite books is Benjamin Blake. Sea adventure

And I agree with a previous poster, all of Jane Austen's works are very enjoyable.

Hardest book I have ever read is Les Miserables - Victor Hugo - took me an entire year to finish that book.

I really enjoy Dickens works as well. Oliver Twist is among my favorites.

And I love Silas Marner by George Eliot.

Louis L'amors Bendigo Shafter is a nice read as well.

Also, Underworld by Neil Gaiman. Everyone that we passed this book to loved it.

I could go on forever, I love to read.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Hardest book I have ever read is Les Miserables - Victor Hugo - took me an entire year to finish that book.

Now that is one of my absolute favorite! I have worn my copy out.

I got a chance to see it in theater twice in London. Once from the nose bleed section in '98, and once from 2nd row in '01. I have 5 tickets for my kids and roommate and I in first balcony next month here in the US and 2 from higher up for next month also! Trying to get a friend to go with me for the 2nd set.

Sorry to bust in like that, but I am SO excited!! Whoo HOO!

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

In the past month, I've finished The Loch and Meg: Primal Waters by Steve Alten and Deception Point by Dan Brown. All good reads!!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

What a gift Leolaia! I struggle to just remember what I had for breakfast. As far as books, I unfortunately tend to read 2-3 at the same time and as a result get all confused. What can I say but I enjoy confusion. I'm in the middle of: Goulder and the Gospels, an Examination of a New Paridigm; For a Later Generation, The Transformation of Tradition in Israel; and The Messiah Myth. I've been toying with that last one for 2 months, its not wrtten particularly well but some of its ideas are very fresh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit