What are you reading?

by damselfly 89 Replies latest social entertainment

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just got the new Take Back Your Life so I want to get through that as soon as I get through the first edition titled Captive Hearts, Captive Minds

The publisher of Take Back Your Life also sent me a copy of Them and Us: Cult Thinking and the Terrorist Threat This book was first published in 1990 and 1994. I had never heard of it so it should be interesting.

I might decide to go through Tolkien's Ring series again.

Nothing like a good read down by the river

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Eat, Pray, Love

Marley & Me

The Poe Shadow

Depending on my mood, I am working on each of these at the moment.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (again)

• poppers
    poppers

"I want to read The Power of Now." Good for you, lonelysheep

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Lonelysheep

The End of Faith: Religion, Terror and the Future of Reason by Sam Harris.

This book is amazing, a little bit of a slow read because of the material covered, but it is an eye opener.

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (again)

BigTex I read those books over and over again. They're on my list for this summer as well.

Dams

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I'm reading "Why God Won't Go: Brain Science and the Biology of Belief." Very interesting.
    tall penguin

• luna2
    luna2

I read for entertainment purposes almost exclusively. lol Last non-fiction book was CoC.

Right now I'm reading two books (depends on what sort of mood I'm in as to which one I pick up); the one that I will admit to is a sci-fi/fantasy novel by Cecelia Dart-Thornton, The Iron Tree: The Crowthistle Chronicles, Book 1....which, of course, means I have a whole series to look forward to.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Life so Far - A Memoir" by Betty Friedan. I'm on page 69. I thought it was about time I became a feminist.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

A Beautiful Place To Die by Philip Craig. It's a Martha's Vineyard mystery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit