Dallas SweatFest - July 29th 2006

by LittleToe 371 Replies latest members meetups

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Ballistic:

Sounds reasonable; I will have to check out the rates. Im having a friend traveling with me, however he will not be with me a lot of the time (he was never a JW). He has his own agenda for going to Dallas but we will be sharing the the hotel room (as far as I know) and Im in charge of booking the hotel and he is in charge of booking the flights.

• daystar
    daystar
    I thought it was time I experienced real heat, since I've visited at near every other time of year.

I'm willing to learn to error of my ways

We could always refreeze you into a popsicle and mail you back. Although some of the ladies might want to... um, nevermind...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Had a PM from someone, looks like we might have ourselves a little congregation at the Best Western Market Centre! woo hoo!

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Scotch on rocks; coals that is....

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

some folk seem to enjoy it.

not me; i aspire to wear a sweatshirt of an August evening.... (and not pass out)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"Had a PM from someone, looks like we might have ourselves a little congregation at the Best Western Market Centre! woo hoo!"

Can't Ballistic and those other folks across the pond get anything right? It's Center -- not Centre! Ha! :)

Yes, wife and I will be there as well. And we're in the process of negotiations on who will preside and who will carry the mike.

Fats

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Excellent! - this looks to be shaping up into a right good shindig

Has anyone called Valis and CSG??

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If things go smashingly, I will be enjoying the company of LittleToe for a couple of hours on his layover prior to returning to Scotland. I wish I could joint the Sweatfest...er, I mean JOIN the Sweatfest in Dallas, however I wouldn't really want to leave my wife behind. I sort of dig her, I know...provincial cad that I am....lol.

I think I may even get her to go with me to Atlanta to meet LittleToe. That would be the best way for it to possibly work out.

But, even in my absence I promise to be thinking of you lot toasting nicely in the Dallas swelter.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• ballistic
    ballistic

hehehe... you guys wont believe this. I just had a call from my Travel Agency to say the bus and train I booked out of Dallas on the 30th is taking me to Las Vegas in New Mexico and not the one in Nevada. I've changed it back to a flight out now. Still, I can't help wondering if there is anything in Las Vegas, NM.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I just had a call from my Travel Agency to say the bus and train I booked out of Dallas on the 30th is taking me to Las Vegas in New Mexico and not the one in Nevada.

Hell, with one more phone call you can also see Paris, Texas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit