Dallas SweatFest - July 29th 2006

by LittleToe 371 Replies latest members meetups

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry, did I short change ya?

Anyhow, I'm revisiting the idea about wearing chaps

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

From what I understand, the party at my house is to replace the Joe Poole Lake gathering. You'll understand once you get here and actually feel 100 degrees for a prolonged period of time. It's the opposite of fun.

As far as what to do until 6, hmm... sleep till noon (because we're going out for beers on Friday), go to brunch in an air-conditioned restaurant, go to a movie in an air-conditioned theater, buy a tasty beverage in an air-conditioned store and come on over to my air-conditioned house. The 30 minutes or so you'll spend in between the air conditioning will still leave you eligible to attend a SweatFest.

Ballistic, where are you staying in Dallas?

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Ballistic, where are you staying in Dallas?

No-where yet! I know the way I've done things may seem a bit strange, but basically I've booked Hotels for New York, Toronto, and Florida, and then I've left the rest (Dallas, Las Vegas and West Coast) to book either on route or on arrival because I don't know how long I'm staying in each place. Dallas, I was going to wait until I had the details of where the sweatfest is so it could be nearby.

I've never organisaed anything with this many different destinations before - it's quite exciting, no doubt I will make some blunders along the way, but as long as I get to the right place at the right time it should be ok.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I have to say I'm a wee bit jealous. I'd love to take a six-week driving holiday, just me and my car (no, not my car - a NICE car) and my CDs....and maybe a gun. Someday I'd like to shoot something in a desert somewhere. Whatever it is, I'll give it a head start.

This place is five minutes from my house and five minutes south of downtown Dallas (and nowhere near a desert [unless we're speaking metaphorically]). http://www.belmontdallas.com/

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Someday I'd like to shoot something in a desert somewhere. Whatever it is, I'll give it a head start.

*** Puts on my running shoes ***

I'm not sure why, but the thought of being chased through the desert by a woman with a shotgun is somehow arousing!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Someday I'd like to shoot something in a desert somewhere. Whatever it is, I'll give it a head start.

LMAO at Hemp! Girl you are so funny! For the record, I have shot at tin cans and lizards before. Do you want to live vicariously? hehe

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Giving a tin can a head start just doesn't seem very sporting somehow...

~Merry

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh Merry...I don't know....Give the desert even wind and that thing becomes airborn!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    I'm not sure why, but the thought of being chased through the desert by a woman with a shotgun is somehow arousing!

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm thinkin' .38... I can run faster that way and I won't have to stop before I shoot.

Do you want to live vicariously?

Yes, but not in a "through someone else" kinda way.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Is there a list of all who is going to be there? Where is it? directions? details?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit