Dallas SweatFest - July 29th 2006

by LittleToe 371 Replies latest members meetups

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

They do have a "Day Use Fee" which I believe is $5.00 per car. To camp is around $12.00/$15.00 . I don't think it costs anything extra to swim. I'll have to check the site.

I also have 2 kayaks & a canoe available to play with.

Rabbit

• Rabbit
  • codeblue
    codeblue

lol............NOdenial and I might be available........just depends on his on call status........Never heard of Joe Poole lake....we just moved here..........lol

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just signing in to say I'll be winding my way to this across the US and briefly Canada from around the 10th July sightseeing. Will probably start another thread at some point to see if anyone has anything not to be missed on my journey. Can't Wait.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN A TEXAS SUMMER WHEN. . . .

• daystar
    daystar

and, to continue... You Know You're In Texas When...

You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.....
    You can say 110 degrees without fainting....
    You eat hot chili to cool your mouth off....
    It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is moving on the streets....
    Sunscreen is sold year round and kept at the front of the checkout counter...
    A formula less than 30SPF is a joke and you only wear that to go to the corner store....
    Hot air balloons can't go up....
    No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car...

You only know five spices-salt, pepper, Ranch dressing, BBQ Sauce and ketchup.
    You design your Halloween costume to fit over Wranglers and Cowboy Boots.
    The mosquitoes have landing lights.
    You have more miles on your tractor than your car.
    You have 10 favorite recipes for Deer meat.
    You've taken your kids trick-or-treating when it was 90 degrees outside.
    Driving is better after it's rained because the potholes are filled with mud and you don't have to take those backroads to go "mudding."
    You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
    You owe more money on your bulldozer than your car.
    The local paper covers national and international headlines on 1/4 page, but requires 6 pages for local sports.
    You can write a check at Dairy Queen for 2 Hunger-Busters and fries.
    At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
    The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.
    You think the start of Deer season is a national holiday.
    You frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the coyotes won't prowl on your deck.
    You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
    You find 70 degrees Fahrenheit a little chilly.
    You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry, and your Cowboy Boots.
    You know 4 seasons - Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Deer season.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hehehe - so is Joe Pool Lake good to go, or are there any other suggestions?

It sounds good to me

Then maybe we can head into town in the evening?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

JoePool sounds good to me!

• Brigid
    Brigid

I will be in San Antonio around that time on business. Can I come? I'm going to be quite busy but I would like to try to make it up if I can. Am I going to need to rent a 4-wheel drive to make it there? And how reliable will mapquest be for finding it if I can make it? You guys that know me, just keep your cell phones on in case I get lost!

~B.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As with all Fests, it's an open invite - besides, it'd be great to meet ya

The I35 will take you straight from SanA to Dallas - it's about a 5 hour drive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit